second life - the day of forever

cosplayjones

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1477 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

guided by my dreams i have been researching patripassionism

this is a branch of the christian faith that says that jesus did not die on the cross but instead time stood still at the crucifixion and we are living through jeuss christs last death throes

when i logged on today something very mysterious happened

my computer date next to second life said 1 january 1970

this never happened before!

i beleive that second life might be an illusion of time

is it possible that second life could all be occuring on one day, 1 january 1970?

if so we are trapped in a day in the past that seems to last forever

like the death of christ, second life is a day of forever

Interesting really. Like many tales, there is more than one date given as the 'birth' of Unix time, 'canon' as it were. Unlike religious nonsense and myth, of course, they are based on facts. Plus epoch is a great word and it comes with a predictable 0xhhhhhhhh 'end days' to boot(strap).

As steph says, UNIX date/time is marked as the number of elapsed seconds since midnight, January 1, 1970. If the clock battery in your computer goes dead while the computer is unpowered, the clock will stop and the elapsed seconds will reset to zero. The next time you power up, the clock will start from zero, which will be interpreted as... 1 Jan 1970. Although this may be the first time you've experienced it, it's not a rare occurance.

You may adopt any explanation for this that suits your fancy, but understand that ignoring the obvious explanation is likely to make other people question your reasoning. Regardless of the explanation you choose to believe, reality will proceed apace.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

steph Arnott wrote:

What on Earth is "root-beer"?

There's no hope for you...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Root_beer

Doesn't anyone drink Sarsaparilla any more?

Though as a teenager what could be more romantic than a Root Beer Float with two straws.  

A&W for the win!

You and I may have never tasted real sarsaparilla (whatever that is)...

https://rootbeerrespect.wordpress.com/whats-the-difference-between-root-beer-sarsaparilla-and-birch-beer/

I've had stuff that's been labeled "Sarsaparilla" and I've had stuff labeled "Birch Beer". Had you served me a glass of either without showing me the label, I'd have said "it's root beer, but not as good as A&W".

For years, I was a Sprecher girl. Randy Sprecher's original brew was made with cane sugar and honey and was delicious. Somewhere along the way they switched to high fructose corn syrup and I walked away from it. There's a lovely blonde root beer (actually a birch beer) brewed locally by Silver Creek Brewery and Point brewery makes a good classic root-beer. My favorite of the big names is A&W. They've managed to make a pretty good diet root-beer that doesn't taste like peppermint.

Now, about that root-beer float with two straws...

... swoon.

;-).

cosplayjones wrote:

i beleive that second life might be an illusion of time

is it possible that second life could all be occuring on one day, 1 january 1970?

if so we are trapped in a day in the past that seems to last forever

What do you mean, in the past. If it's happening to us now, it's not exactly in the past, is it?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1477 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.