posting in local chat: "your name" and "things you did not type"

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3961 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am curious and can not seem to get an answer on this anywhere... I have seen where others use something (hud/program?) where it appears in local chat that "you" have said something when "you" have not typed a thing... I would like to know what this is and do others know that it is NOT YOU saying these things

theoldkidrockor wrote:

I am curious and can not seem to get an answer on this anywhere... I have seen where others use something (hud/program?) where it appears in local chat that "you" have said something when "you" have not typed a thing... I would like to know what this is and do others know that it is NOT YOU saying these things

There are a couple of things like this..

One is called icontrol. The other was called Dollyteer (but I don't know if that exists anymore). With each one, you give control to another person who (using RLV and various commands like /say)  can make you say anything they want and move you anywhere they want. Anyone who knows the resident will know that they're not really speaking, but the only difference is that it comes up with green type in open chat rather than the white chat that usually shows up.

I hope that helps....

There are many gadgets that allow one avatar to type something into local chat that makes the text appear to come from a different avatar. You can always tell that these aren't legit because their text appears in a different color (the same color as notices sent from a scripted object--the default green if you haven't changed it in your viewer).

Basically its a Hud, or Object the way you can find out who is doing it is simple if you are on the correct viewer that supports it.

1. Open your local chat.

2. On the side where it usually shows green text from objects see if its clickable click it, and it should tell you who is doing it and where they are in world.

3. Its also possible to spam green text to others via avatar key across sims I remember for 3 entire weeks I was griefed from a RP sim by goon griefers and everytime I logged in I would get green spam on my account, also if this ever happens to you disable IM's to email so you do not get spammed when this happend to me I had over 2000+ emails.

However as said you can click the clickable text in local and find out who is doing it, and where it is coming from unless they are abusing the exploit which masks it which most griefers do not know how to do only a few I know actually know the exploit or have the tools to do such, so basically even if it is in another sim and a gridwide attack you can see what sim the object is in and where.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3961 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.