is it possible to own land with out paying some kinda weekly fee?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3278 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

One never really 'owns' land in SL.  Whether paying rent to another resident or tier to LL, there is some ongoing cost involved after the initial purchase.  The fee may be weekly or monthly.  For example, I live on a modest island parcel where I pay rent once/month. If I want to move, I just stop paying the rent rock and move on.

So, no, you cannot own land without paying something on a regular basis.

If you become premium and pay yearly you can get a tierfree 512m2 plot. Even more if you donate it to a group! That way you pay yearly plus a one time price for the land.

It all depends on what you want. Sandboxes can be used for building (free) and there's a lt of places that are almost empty if you want some peace and quiet

You can find all kinds of free stuff all over SL, but the one thing you can't get for free, is land.  Even premium members that get 'free' land have to pay a premium membership fee for a very small plot but you have to buy the plot first.  You can bet the 'free' monthly tier of 512sqm is figured into the cost of membership.

ZoeTick wrote:

LvGamer33 wrote:

Only early beta users got free land on the main land.
:)

I wish you hadn't said that!

Now LuminousElf will start a thread asking if anybody knows where he can get a time machine.

A free one, of course.

Perhaps one like this?

timemachine.jpg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3278 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.