how to get unmuted

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2308 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I would entertain the notecard, if written well. Besides people who abuse voice in public areas and gestures at clubs, it takes quite a bit to get on my mute list. I am not annoyed easily as some people who are quick to ban / mute for everey squabble or if they have a differing opinion. There are some crazy people in SL and sometimes you may find yourself muted for no good reason at all except for the imaginary one in their heads.

When I ban from a parcel or sim, it's usaully due to the behavior exhibited at the sim. Griefers...tresspassers, you know the usual. Where I work, if renters are not compliant with the rules and communication has shut down, that's also grounds for a ban. I don't think people like that would care if they are banned/muted though lol.

MrJokes wrote:

There is also those very sensitive people who mute for the dumbest things imaginable as well. Shame when you meet someone like that they must be missing a lot

I mute anyone that spams gestures.  I also mute DJ's that ever use the phrase "linden loving" to refer to tips.   I have even been known to mute people because I am having a a bad day and don't want to put up with their personal problems.  Then every couple of weeks or so  I clear out the ignore list.  There are actually very few names I consider to be on permanent ignore status.

And no, I am not missing anything but aggravation. I miss a lot of that ;).

• 1 year later...
On 5/26/2016 at 2:30 AM, ziicutie said:

You may have been directed to this post from somebody's profile to be given instructions on how to get them to unmute you. If you would like for this person to unmute you, then please follow these instructions very carefully. The intention of this post was originally meant for people to make a request for me to unmute them. Please don't respond in this post to have me or anybody else unmute you because it will be ignored.

First you need to create a new notecard. This notecard needs to be originally created by you for proof of authenticity. To do so, right click on any folder in your inventory and then click on "New Notecard". Once you have created the notecard, be sure to give it a unique name that has to do with what you are going to write to the person that you want to unmute you. If you want to rename it later then you can always right click the notecard later and then click "Rename".

Once the notecard is created, you will need to right click it and then click on "Properties".  Now make sure that the check box labeled "Modify" is unchecked so that nobody can change or modify this notecard. If somebody else is to modify this notecard before it is sent to the person that you want to unmute you then you are most likely not going to be unmuted, and push your luck even further from ever getting un-muted by this person. If the notecard is not created by you, and others can edit this notecard, then the person who will receive it, will most likely not believe that it is actually from you, and you will not be un-muted.

Now you will need to open the notecard by double clicking on it or by right clicking on it then clicking "Open". You will need to write your message to the person in this notecard. If you are missing any information that you are asked to include, your most likely not going to be unmuted.

Please make sure that it is clearly indicated that the notecard is sent by you by including your username that you log in with and indicating that this is who is sending the message. Make sure that they are able to find your avatar by searching your username. You may also want to include your calling card by dragging and dropping it from your inventory into the notecard because this will make it a lot easier for them to find you.

Be sure the write an apology to this person wether you believe you did something wrong or not, and don't make up any excuses or explanations about why you did what you did that cause them to unmute them. You are better off assuming you're just a jerk that deserves to be muted while writing your apology. Being humble and polite is the key to getting others to listen to you so that they will unmute or unban you. Don't make up lies or say things that you cannot do, or will not do. You must be 100% honest. If you mislead them once, you're not going to be able to mislead them ever again because they will most likely never listen to you again, and possibly report you for harassment.

Once the notecard is finished, please be sure to overlook all the steps that you took, and be sure that everything is done according to what you were told in these instructions. Once you are satisfied that they will unmute you when they receive the notecard, then you will need to find somebody that this person does not have muted, and have them send the notecard to that person for you.

To send a notecard to somebody, just simply drag and drop it from your inventory onto their avatar, or drag it into a private message to that person. You will also need to make sure that the person who is sending the notecard for you, understands how to send the notecard to the person that you want to un-mute you.

i have had several hundred people mute me or block me and i do own several alts that are all several years old but i dont waste time trying to  get people to unmute me i just add them as a completely new friend they never know and never find out  its just some people dont understand me so i have to pretend to be a new friend

34 minutes ago, Quinn Lysette said:

i have had several hundred people mute me or block me and i do own several alts that are all several years old but i dont waste time trying to  get people to unmute me i just add them as a completely new friend they never know and never find out  its just some people dont understand me so i have to pretend to be a new friend

So you are a stalker, and you resurrect old forum posts. Any other qualities you like to share?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 6/2/2016 at 1:23 PM, Rhonda Huntress said:

I mute anyone that spams gestures.  I also mute DJ's that ever use the phrase "linden loving" to refer to tips.   I have even been known to mute people because I am having a a bad day and don't want to put up with their personal problems.  Then every couple of weeks or so  I clear out the ignore list.  There are actually very few names I consider to be on permanent ignore status.

And no, I am not missing anything but aggravation. I miss a lot of that ;).

...tests the system by giving you a long withering gaze, followed by an exaggerated eye roll and bared teeth, followed by a sensuous lick of the lips, a wink, a nose blow, some weird snorkeling sounds and a head bob, followed by one cubic yard of flowery Unicode characters and "linden loving" to the tune of L$1 (your check is in the mail).

Enjoy your couple of weeks or so off, Rhonda!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

/me sneaks up behind Maddy and wraps her arms around her in a warm hug.  Rhonda kisses her ear and neck as she says "oh no, Dearest.  You are on a different list.  A special list.  One that will never be erased."

You also have a defenestration list? That's the one interest I share with Maddy.

On 5/26/2016 at 1:08 PM, Tari Landar said:

....  Sorta like the telemarketers that call randomly for no good reason, or the people that send me unwanted junk mail. I block telemarketers and unwanted junk mail goes right back where it came from if it was sent with a prepaid envelope(like credit card companies, seriously, if I wanted one, I'd ask, lol), or in our burn pile if it doesn't have one. ....

Thanks for resurrecting this thread.  I must have missed it 1st time round.

I have a simple system with junk mail, one that I'd like to share, and encourage you to use.  Collect reply-paid envelopes.  Put junk mail into a randomly selected reply-paid envelope, and post.

If everyone did this junk mail would soon be a thing of the past.  But in any case my bank needs double-glazing far more than I do.

P.S.  If I mute you, send money.  If it is enough, I might un-mute you.  If I don't, it wasn't.  Notecard is uneccessary.

Edited by anna2358
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, anna2358 said:

Thanks for resurrecting this thread.  I must have missed it 1st time round.

I have a simple system with junk mail, one that I'd like to share, and encourage you to use.  Collect reply-paid envelopes.  Put junk mail into a randomly selected reply-paid envelope, and post.

If everyone did this junk mail would soon be a thing of the past.  But in any case my bank needs double-glazing far more than I do.

P.S.  If I mute you, send money.  If it is enough, I might un-mute you.  If I don't, it wasn't.  Notecard is uneccessary.

That's exactly what companies get from me when they send junk with prepaid envelopes....more junk, lol. I've done it for ages, and when my kids were old enough to shove things in envies, they helped(and still do, though they're older now). Send me junk...I send you junk :D A local organization kept sending us crap over and over-on a weekly basis, and then one week their junk mail had a prepaid "send us your monies" envie....it was like Christmas. We shoved that thing as full as we could with all kinds of junk and sent it right back.  We haven't gotten anything from them yet this month ;) 

Any junk mail that doesn't have an envie, gets either burned in the yard, or shredded and burned at a later date if it's too cold or wet outside to burn. 

Our mailman thinks it's hilarious btw, lol. He knows what's up..."ahh more credit cards I see". He's such an awesome old dude(had the same one for 13 years now). 

Edited by Tari Landar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2308 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.