genral lagg in sl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3680 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is just me or are we finding that there is much more lagg these days in SL. Nowadays. Another feature I find is that after a while the typing becomes slow and delays. Although I clear the cashe this still occurs my graphic are second to the lowest
Be interesting if others get it and if anyone knows best solution orbit SL prob

greek Wingtips wrote:

Another feature I find is that after a while the typing becomes slow and delays.

Hi Greek

I noticed my lag increases on active sims when I open my chat window and sure enough I saw the FPS drop when my chat is open. This has only been happening to me in the past week. So, I would like to know also.

Greek, I'm sure it's a network issue. Personally, my latency has not increased for reasons that I haven't been able to determine - I would be suspicious if it had. Typing latency is definitely indicative of a poor connection between client and simulator. Clearing cache will NOT help you with this issue (stop doing that) - it's also not a graphics issue, so doesn't matter what setting you're using there.

---

And hey Lori - many users report lag with the chat window visible, it's caused by the CHUI - an 'improvement' to the Second Life viewer that changes the chat experience.

It's possible to use the chat window in a 'compact' mode that may prevent the loss of your framerate. Or else there are Third Party Viewers available without CHUI features.

LoriLexa wrote:

greek Wingtips wrote:

Another feature I find is that after a while the typing becomes slow and delays.

Hi Greek

I noticed my lag increases on active sims when I open my chat window and sure enough I saw the FPS drop when my chat is open. This has only been happening to me in the past week. So, I would like to know also.

The FPS drop when the local Chat Window is active has been repaired and is out for general testing in this release of the Official Sl Viewer:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_Release/3.6.14.285499

P.S. I'm particular jazzed by these fixes.

MAINT-3375[c] FPS Drop when Expanded Chat is open, worse with long Nearby chat history

MAINT-3163[c] Since CHUI, floaters can be moved totally underneath bottom toolbar buttons and "lost".

and the ever confusing MAINT-3231[c] Remove prompt to create new account

Freya Mokusei wrote:

And hey Lori - many users report lag with the chat window visible, it's caused by the CHUI - an 'improvement' to the Second Life viewer that changes the chat experience.

It's possible to use the chat window in a 'compact' mode that may prevent the loss of your framerate. Or else there are
available without CHUI features.

Hi Freya,

This is news to me, so thank you so much for the information. I switched to compact but still have the issue. I learn something new everyday when it comes to SL, LOL. Do you know off hand which viewers do not have it? I would like to stick with the SLV 3, should I just wait? Thank you for your help Lori :matte-motes-big-grin:

KarenMichelle Lane wrote:

LoriLexa wrote:

greek Wingtips wrote:

Hi Greek

The FPS drop when the local Chat Window is active has been repaired and is out for general testing in this release of the Official Sl Viewer:

P.S. I'm particular jazzed by these fixes.

FPS Drop when Expanded Chat is open, worse with long Nearby chat history

Since CHUI, floaters can be moved totally underneath bottom toolbar buttons and "lost".

and the ever confusing
Remove prompt to create new account

Yikes! Karen, I'm so lost now LOL. I guess I have to hang out and wait for this to be resolved. Too much techy jargon for me to comprehend, LOL  Compact (instead of expanded) did not make much of a difference. Please advise, what should I do? Thank you so much

Lori:matte-motes-big-grin:

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

I was suffering from the same issue a few weeks ago while using a version of the SL Viewer from last year. As one forum recommended, I updated it to the latest version, which was supposed to have fix the bug. For the first few weeks, it did.

Today, the problem reoccurred on me with the 3.7.1(286557) version.

Has anyone using the 3.7.1 version experienced the recurrence of the problem?

• 1 month later...

Greek, you have been posting this kind of whining regularly for about 3-4 years now.  Do you not think that it's about time that you upgraded your PC?  If not please post your specs if you think your PC is up to date and SL compatible.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3680 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.