compensation from LL’s

greek Wingtips

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4541 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As a payng customer.. uhmmmm This not like the electric company, and complaing when the lights go out, or a mechanic not fixing the car just right. This is not an entitlement.. I can withdraw my account and not think twice about it.. It is just an online service I pop in  and out of.. I have not vested interest nor monetarily bound to.. Just here for fun..

Just my 2 sense

Yay time to go home

as a customer, you are entitled to expect the service and/or product that a company offers for the amount of money they want in exchange.

if you are not reciving part of that service, i agree that you are entitled to get part of your money back.

in California, you could sue a company for that.

you are not reciving some part of what is offered in a premium account?

greek Wingtips wrote:

Hmm, I don't think it make a difference as to what type of service it is, In the UK I do know that if your paying for a service being what ever it might be as a customer your entitled to a level of service that acceptable, the questions is what is acceptable.

you should look it up and see what they have typed up..they do mention something someplace about it..i don't remember what section it is in ..but i'm sure the search should show something..

i think i found the section you are looking for..hope this help =)

i believe it may be in section 10 somewhere..i just don't have time to read it all right now to pin point the exact subsection.. i am off to bed  ni ni's

10. RELEASES, DISCLAIMERS, LIABILITY LIMITS AND INDEMNIFICATION

10.1 Linden Lab is NOT liable for its users' actions, and you release Linden Lab from any claims relating to other users.

You agree not to hold Linden Lab liable for the Content, actions, or inactions of other users. As a condition of access to the Service, you release Linden Lab (and its officers, directors, shareholders, agents, subsidiaries, and employees) from claims, demands, losses, liabilities and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with any dispute you have or claim to have with one or more users, including whether or not Linden Lab becomes involved in any resolution or attempted resolution of the dispute. If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which says: "A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor." If you are a resident of another jurisdiction, you waive any comparable statute or doctrine.

You agree and understand that Linden Lab does not control and is not responsible for information you provide to parties other than Linden Lab.

10.2 Linden Lab provides the Service on an "as is" basis, without express or implied warranties, and all Content, Linden dollars and Virtual Land have no guarantee or warranty of any compensable value.

LINDEN LAB PROVIDES THE SERVICE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE LINDEN SOFTWARE, THE WEBSITES, THE SERVERS, THE LINDEN IN-WORLD CONTENT, AND YOUR ACCOUNT, STRICTLY ON AN "AS IS" BASIS, AND HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WRITTEN OR ORAL, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

NO VALUE, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IS GUARANTEED OR WARRANTED WITH RESPECT TO ANY CONTENT, LINDEN DOLLARS OR VIRTUAL LAND. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS YOU MAY HAVE IN YOUR CONTENT OR ANY EXPENDITURE ON YOUR PART, LINDEN LAB AND YOU EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY COMPENSABLE VALUE RELATING TO OR ATTRIBUTABLE TO ANY DATA RELATING TO YOUR ACCOUNT RESIDING ON LINDEN LAB'S SERVERS. YOU ASSUME ALL RISK OF LOSS FROM USING THE SERVICE ON THIS BASIS.

Linden Lab does not ensure continuous, error-free, secure or virus-free operation of the Service, the Linden Software, the Websites, the Servers, or your Account, and you understand that you shall not be entitled to refunds or other compensation based on Linden Lab's failure to provide any of the foregoing other than as explicitly provided in this Agreement. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties, and to that extent, the foregoing disclaimer may not apply to you.

10.3 Linden Lab's liability to you is expressly limited, to the extent allowable under applicable law.

IN NO EVENT SHALL LINDEN LAB OR ANY OF ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, SHAREHOLDERS, SUBSIDIARIES, AGENTS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, RELIANCE, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES OR DISGORGEMENT OR COMPARABLE EQUITABLE REMEDY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY DAMAGES FOR LOST DATA OR LOST PROFITS, ARISING (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE) OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE (INCLUDING ITS MODIFICATION OR TERMINATION), THE LINDEN SOFTWARE, THE WEBSITES, THE SERVERS, YOUR ACCOUNT (INCLUDING ITS TERMINATION OR SUSPENSION) OR THIS AGREEMENT, WHETHER OR NOT LINDEN LAB MAY HAVE BEEN ADVISED THAT ANY SUCH DAMAGES MIGHT OR COULD OCCUR AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY REMEDY.

IN NO EVENT WILL LINDEN LAB'S CUMULATIVE LIABILITY TO YOU EXCEED THE GREATER OF (i) ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS (U.S. $100.00); OR (ii) THE RELEVANT AMOUNT SET FORTH IN SECTION 11 HEREIN, IF APPLICABLE.

Some jurisdictions do not allow the foregoing limitations of liability, so to the extent that any such limitation is found to be impermissible, such limitation may not apply to you.

10.4 You agree to indemnify Linden Lab from claims relating to your use of the Service.

At Linden Lab's request, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Linden Lab, its officers, directors, shareholders, employees, subsidiaries, and agents from all damages, liabilities, claims and expenses, including without limitation attorneys' fees and costs, arising from: (i) any breach or alleged breach by you of this Agreement, including without limitation your representations and warranties relating to your Content; or (ii) your acts, omissions or use of the Service, including without limitation your negligent, willful or illegal conduct. We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and in such case, you agree to cooperate with our defense of such claim.

10.5 You are not our employee, and you have no rights to compensation.

You acknowledge that your participation in the Service, including your creation or uploading of Content in the Service, does not make you a Linden Lab employee and that you do not expect to be, and will not be, compensated by Linden Lab for such activities, and you will make no claim inconsistent with these acknowledgements. In addition, no agency, partnership, joint venture, franchise relationship is intended or created by this Agreement.

Ceka Cianci wrote:

i think i found the section you are looking for..hope this help =)

i believe it may be in section 10 somewhere..i just don't have time to read it all right now to pin point the exact subsection.. i am off to bed  ni ni's

10. RELEASES, DISCLAIMERS, LIABILITY LIMITS AND INDEMNIFICATION

10.1 Linden Lab is NOT liable for its users' actions, and you release Linden Lab from any claims relating to other users.

You agree not to hold Linden Lab liable for the Content, actions, or inactions of other users. As a condition of access to the Service, you release Linden Lab (and its officers, directors, shareholders, agents, subsidiaries, and employees) from claims, demands, losses, liabilities and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with any dispute you have or claim to have with one or more users, including whether or not Linden Lab becomes involved in any resolution or attempted resolution of the dispute. If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which says: "A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor." If you are a resident of another jurisdiction, you waive any comparable statute or doctrine.

You agree and understand that Linden Lab does not control and is not responsible for information you provide to parties other than Linden Lab.

10.2 Linden Lab provides the Service on an "as is" basis, without express or implied warranties, and all Content, Linden dollars and Virtual Land have no guarantee or warranty of any compensable value.

LINDEN LAB PROVIDES THE SERVICE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE LINDEN SOFTWARE, THE WEBSITES, THE SERVERS, THE LINDEN IN-WORLD CONTENT, AND YOUR ACCOUNT, STRICTLY ON AN "AS IS" BASIS, AND HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WRITTEN OR ORAL, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

NO VALUE, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IS GUARANTEED OR WARRANTED WITH RESPECT TO ANY CONTENT, LINDEN DOLLARS OR VIRTUAL LAND. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS YOU MAY HAVE IN YOUR CONTENT OR ANY EXPENDITURE ON YOUR PART, LINDEN LAB AND YOU EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY COMPENSABLE VALUE RELATING TO OR ATTRIBUTABLE TO ANY DATA RELATING TO YOUR ACCOUNT RESIDING ON LINDEN LAB'S SERVERS. YOU ASSUME ALL RISK OF LOSS FROM USING THE SERVICE ON THIS BASIS.

Linden Lab does not ensure continuous, error-free, secure or virus-free operation of the Service, the Linden Software, the Websites, the Servers, or your Account, and you understand that you shall not be entitled to refunds or other compensation based on Linden Lab's failure to provide any of the foregoing other than as explicitly provided in this Agreement. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties, and to that extent, the foregoing disclaimer may not apply to you.

10.3 Linden Lab's liability to you is expressly limited, to the extent allowable under applicable law.

IN NO EVENT SHALL LINDEN LAB OR ANY OF ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, SHAREHOLDERS, SUBSIDIARIES, AGENTS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, RELIANCE, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES OR DISGORGEMENT OR COMPARABLE EQUITABLE REMEDY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY DAMAGES FOR LOST DATA OR LOST PROFITS, ARISING (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE) OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE (INCLUDING ITS MODIFICATION OR TERMINATION), THE LINDEN SOFTWARE, THE WEBSITES, THE SERVERS, YOUR ACCOUNT (INCLUDING ITS TERMINATION OR SUSPENSION) OR THIS AGREEMENT, WHETHER OR NOT LINDEN LAB MAY HAVE BEEN ADVISED THAT ANY SUCH DAMAGES MIGHT OR COULD OCCUR AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY REMEDY.

IN NO EVENT WILL LINDEN LAB'S CUMULATIVE LIABILITY TO YOU EXCEED THE GREATER OF (i) ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS (U.S. $100.00); OR (ii) THE RELEVANT AMOUNT SET FORTH IN SECTION 11 HEREIN, IF APPLICABLE.

Some jurisdictions do not allow the foregoing limitations of liability, so to the extent that any such limitation is found to be impermissible, such limitation may not apply to you.

10.4 You agree to indemnify Linden Lab from claims relating to your use of the Service.

At Linden Lab's request, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Linden Lab, its officers, directors, shareholders, employees, subsidiaries, and agents from all damages, liabilities, claims and expenses, including without limitation attorneys' fees and costs, arising from: (i) any breach or alleged breach by you of this Agreement, including without limitation your representations and warranties relating to your Content; or (ii) your acts, omissions or use of the Service, including without limitation your negligent, willful or illegal conduct. We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and in such case, you agree to cooperate with our defense of such claim.

10.5 You are not our employee, and you have no rights to compensation.

You acknowledge that your participation in the Service, including your creation or uploading of Content in the Service, does not make you a Linden Lab employee and that you do not expect to be, and will not be, compensated by Linden Lab for such activities, and you will make no claim inconsistent with these acknowledgements. In addition, no agency, partnership, joint venture, franchise relationship is intended or created by this Agreement.

You see how nuts it becomes to give a TOS the force of criminal law!

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussion-Forum/New-Law-Would-Make-Violating-A-TOS-A-Criminal-Act/td-p/1234961

Yep, when you signed up, you agreed to be their guinea pig and take whatever you get.  There is no service level agreement.  However, if you have access to their concierges, their level of support is amazing.  Otherwise, you're hosed.

I once had an issued with a dry cleaner who gave me the best words I've ever used for a quote..."You no like, you no come here anymore"

Ann Otoole wrote:

What viewer and version are you using? Don't lie because LL tracks this data.

And, uhm, what, pray tell, will LL do to him should they discover he fibs on the forums about the viewer he's using? They don't have time to sort technical issues or payment problems or even copy-botting and severe griefing problems - you seriously think they're going to spend time checking the claims of one poster who says he's using X viewer in case he's telling fibbie-wibbies?

Teletubbies.jpg

Carole Franizzi wrote:

Ann Otoole wrote:

What viewer and version are you using? Don't lie because LL tracks this data.

And, uhm, what, pray tell, will LL do to him should they discover he fibs on the forums about the viewer he's using? They don't have time to sort technical issues or payment problems or even copy-botting and severe griefing problems - you seriously think they're going to spend time checking the claims of one poster who says he's using X viewer in case he's telling fibbie-wibbies?

Are "fibbie-wibbies" something that TeleTubbies tell?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4541 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.