being mentally harrassed and reporting is not working.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3156 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i have been dealing with this issue for a while now. i just recently had enough. this is happening in a G rated room. she says such fowl things about me. i contact the owner but he said to stay away from this person. i could stand on the opposite side of the room and it won't stop it. here is just a few of the things she has said and i'm sorry in advance for the graphic words .

[19:03: you are a **bleep**ing sick creep
[19:10: YOU ARE PUSHING YOUR LUCK YOU **bleep**ING CU^T. YOU BETTER WATCH YOUR STEP
[19:19] : **bleep**ING WHORE
[12:43] : you fkin btidhc why don't you get lost
[12:44] : I can't even move my avatar when you are here what the **bleep** are you about anyways I've reported yhour ass 10 times
[12:45] ): I CAN'T EVEN PLAY WHEN YOU ARE HNERE YOU FKING **bleep**
[13:16] ): YOU FKING **bleep**
[17:50]v): you fking **bleep**
[17:51]  whispers: lag hag stalking me like a creep again
[17:45] ): YOU FKING **bleep** I'M FROZE UP AGAIN BECAUSE OF YOU IT WASN'T LIKE THIS BEFORE YOU GOT HERE YOU ARE A FKING SLEAZY **bleep**
[17:46] ): I JUST TOOK A SCREEN SHOT AGAIN WITH YOU INFRONT OF MY FROZEN GAME **bleep**
[16:01]: AND THE LAG BAD HAG VITCH IS BACK THE STALKER FKIN FKING CREEP
[16:19]: you **bleep**ing stalker creep

she actually threatened to have someone fry my computer a while ago. i've reported her many times and nothing has changed. i can block her but the things she says are just way to wrong to just block. even if i do block her she can still say things to others. she never IM's me privatly. she does this all publically. i have tried to get her to say this to me alone. i really need some help. i am writing this in hopes that someone from LL will see it and do something. thanks in advance.

as start, remove the name. It's not allowed to accuse people here in public, with the risk your porst gets removed, gets reported or banned.

The only thing you can do is mute the other person, and avoid that place. Second Life is sooooo huge, there are many places to hang out.

As Last, LL very rarely comes on this forum, so don't assume they will act on your post.

deannahahn wrote: [...] even if i do block her she can still say things to others [...]

And why does that worry you? Anyone with a brain would inmediately consider this person a troll and do exactly the same: mute & report. Eventually the parcel/sim owner will receive enough reports to verify that he is indeed a troll and ban him; and if he doesn’t, that’ll mean that he more or less approves of such behavior, which in turn would mean that that is a place you probably shouldn’t be very interested in visiting again.

deannahahn wrote:

it's avtually a game room where you can win money just for playing there. it's 200L every 5 mins. there are other game rooms but this one has the best odds. i hate to leave it but i don't know if i have much of a choice i guess.

Then most people will go there just for the money, and will therefore care even less than usual about such things :smileywink:

Ren Toxx wrote:

deannahahn wrote:

it's avtually a game room where you can win money just for playing there. it's 200L every 5 mins. there are other game rooms but this one has the best odds. i hate to leave it but i don't know if i have much of a choice i guess.

Then most people will go there just for the money, and will therefore care even less than usual about such things :smileywink:

i realize that now for the simple fact that the owner doesn't care what is being said in his room. what bothers me is that it's a G rated room and she is saying some adult things. my son was playing once and she called me a Lag Hag bit*h. i would let him play the games because they are fun. he nor any other teen should hear those things. expecially about thier mother.

the thing about your son has not really to do with the lack of response you get from the involved people, but it's your task as mother to prevent your kid getting in touch with it. If he's to young for that, he is most likely also too young for being on SL at all.

At the streets and school they hear worse things that will let you blush but the kids see as normal ...

I agree with Alwin. Keep your son away from the computer screen and turn off voice so he can't hear.

I don't know why the owner of the sim will pay money to keep you there. Maybe to attract visitors, people who look at the map and go where it is green dots. The owner don't give **bleep** about who's there as long as the room is filled up. You mean nothing to him.

It is obvious that she harasses you to get you out. She think this increases her winning chances? I guess that you tried to argue with her, telling her that you reported her? So she knows that she get under your skin. I bet that she tried this with others who mute and ignore her, so she don't attack them anymore. If you will continue to go there, mute and ignore her. Others who are there is strangers to you, right? What they hear is not important.  And if you have friends there, tell them to mute and ignore her too.

Linden lab gets too many abuse reports to care about the language in G areas. And I mean it is a waste of time if they should act like they manage a kindergarden. SL is for adults that should be able to deal with issues like this on their own.

deannahahn wrote:

Ren Toxx wrote:

deannahahn wrote:

i realize that now for the simple fact that the owner doesn't care what is being said in his room. what bothers me is that it's a G rated room and she is saying some adult things. my son was playing once and she called me a Lag Hag bit*h. i would let him play the games because they are fun. he nor any other teen should hear those things. expecially about thier mother.

Oh dear...you would faint if you knew that to most teenagers (read as: every teenager that has regular contact with other teenagers) isn't going to be shocked by any of this. Most can swear like sailors and aren't very thin-skinned about vulgar language either. Of course, I'm assuming he is 16, which is the lowest age someone can enter Second Life with a regular account.

deannahahn wrote:

Ahh .. here's the answer of why the harasser engages in verbally abusing everyone around: They want to be the only one to play and win. Stop and think about it, being abusive, rude, obnoxious to everyone? Folks will leave and thus improve their odds of winning.

So maybe I'm a pessimist sometimes, but this sure sounds like a "game strategy" gone way overboard.

deannahahn wrote:

Ren Toxx wrote:

deannahahn wrote:

by your profile you are 19 in RL... I seriously hope you were not letting your child play in SL. Let them play candy crush or angry birds on your phone.. Good lord. And people wonder why todays youth in screwed up.

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

by your profile you are 19 in RL... 

Ah, heh, you made me check. Unless a recent edit, that's in her "Biography" section, not her "Real World Biography." Otherwise we might wonder if our OP could be telling a fib -- but nobody would ever fall for the part about living in Texas.

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

deannahahn wrote:

Ren Toxx wrote:

deannahahn wrote:

by your profile you are 19 in RL... I seriously hope you were not letting your child play in SL. Let them play candy crush or angry birds on your phone.. Good lord. And people wonder why todays youth in screwed up.

this is my second avatar. she knew my first one so i tried to change somethings in my new ava. i let my name slip one day and she knew who i was then. and my son is actually 17. i know he swears like a saylior but it was the fact that she was saying about me and he saw what she was calling me. that's what bothered me. i let him play nodevil or games like that and i wouldn't let him in an adult room. the room i play in is G rated. i agree that we do let our children play to many advanced games. my 14 year old wants to play the games his friends play. it's hard to be a parent these days. it's not like it was when we were young. too many electronics for them. i'm changing my profile now because i guess it's pointless to keep it. by the way i'm 38 years.

deannahahn wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

deannahahn wrote:

Ren Toxx wrote:

deannahahn wrote:

this is my second avatar. she knew my first one so i tried to change somethings in my new ava. i let my name slip one day and she knew who i was then. and my son is actually 17. i know he swears like a saylior but it was the fact that she was saying about me and he saw what she was calling me. that's what bothered me. i let him play nodevil or games like that and i wouldn't let him in an adult room. the room i play in is G rated. i agree that we do let our children play to many advanced games. my 14 year old wants to play the games his friends play.
it's hard to be a parent these days. it's not like it was when we were young. too many electronics for them.
i'm changing my profile now because i guess it's pointless to keep it. by the way i'm 38 years.

This is a cop-out.

Do not blame the toys for poor parenting skills.

deannahahn wrote:

I guess now we know what sort of a price you put on harassment and humiliation: about a dime a minute.

Pretty cheap, aren't you.

Alec - someone who believes the rubbish in the bible about the meek inheriting the earth

AlecDeBoeuil wrote:

deannahahn wrote:

price you put on humiliation
: about a dime a minute.

Alec - someone who believes the rubbish in the bible about the meek inheriting the earth

So this^^ one was a freebie?  :)

Reading that chat shows you both were guilty of using foul speech that is not supposed to be used in a G sim.  The other party may have started it, but you jumped right in.

Lindens can check what everyone was doing and saying and if they think you are guilty of a TOS violation, or provoked some of it, they might ignore your AR's.  They may also consider it a interpersonal dispute and they don't get involved in them as we are supposed to be adult enough to resolve it ourselves.  LL is not a babysitter.

Ignore them and don't respond to anything they say.  Block/Mute and moving on is your best weapon.  Who cares what they say if you ignore them?  They will look like the fool, not you and they will soon get bored if they don't get a rise out of you and move on themselves.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

Reading that chat shows you
both
were guilty of using foul speech that is not supposed to be used in a G sim.  The other party may have started it, but you jumped right in.

Lindens can check what everyone was doing and saying and if they think you are guilty of a TOS violation, or provoked some of it, they might ignore your AR's.  They may also consider it a interpersonal dispute and they don't get involved in them as we are supposed to be adult enough to resolve it ourselves.  LL is not a babysitter.

Ignore them and don't respond to anything they say.  Block/Mute and moving on is your best weapon.  Who cares what they say if you ignore them?  They will look like the fool, not you and they will soon get bored if they don't get a rise out of you and move on themselves.

i did block her yesterday but i actually didn't say anything to her except the following([17:47] booellis9 (deannahahn): i am done with you talking about me like this. you have absolutely no class. you need to grow up and leave me alone)   and also ([12:47] booellis9 (deannahahn): i have noted everything you have said about me these last couple days. if this continues i will have no choice but to report this. i come here to play just like everyone else here.)

i also asked her what kind of a person says something like that. i figured that as long as i just ignored her and play the games she would make herself look bad. i didn't even report her until she called me a (the word a women should never be called the "C" word. that was the point where i said no more and decided to report her.

nodevil or games like that and i wouldn't let him in an adult room. the room i play in is G rated. i agree that we do let our children play to many advanced games. my 14 year old wants to play the games his friends play.
it's hard to be a parent these days. it's not like it was when we were young. too many electronics for them.
i'm changing my profile now because i guess it's pointless to keep it. by the way i'm 38 years.

This is a cop-out.

Do not blame the toys for poor parenting skills.

do you have kids? i'm thinking that you don't. any parent out there will agree with that statement about it life is nothing like it was when we were kids. who are you to judge anyones parenting skills anyway?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3156 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.