Your Second Life subscription will automatically renew soon

Vulpinus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2790 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

EllaGuru Wellesley wrote:

I contacted support over this. ... Guess what they are too dumb to know what is going on to supply an anwser. Quite incrediable. I may just cancel my subscription. A company that disregards it's customers, is a company going noware!   

Why on earth should a support deparment know about when promotional/subscription emails are send ?

And even more... why you get so upset about it?

a support deparment dealing with account querys should be unware that the company has made an error. Is that what you think?

When an email has a header saying "Your Second Life subscription will automatically renew soon". It get's my attention as I know it is not. So this is either a mistake or some scam. I wanted to clarify this, to make sure my account had not been comprimised. I do not think that is unjustified.

I would not think the billing is even done by Linden Lab.  That's why there is a separate number for non-technical billing issues.

Someone at Mary Jane's Accounts and Baked Goods had an idea that it might be nice if people knew what dates their bank would be drafted before it happened.  Of course you don't want to spam everyone every day so they put in a little flag saying do this if they have not been notified yet.  Unfortunately they missed a step and that little check then passed straight to notify.

And of course no good deed ever goes unpunished.

So the code monkeys at LL get asked what's going on and they don't know.  They are not involved.

If you did indeed call the billing department and the person there had no clue what you were talking about then there is a problem with internal communications in company LL uses. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2790 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.