Windows 10 advice

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2635 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am about to buy a new PC. They mostly come with Windows 10 pre installed. I have seen conflicting stories as to whether it works with SL. I know at least one of my friends has it and says it works perfectly for him. Can anyone clarify matters am very confused, reluctant to lose my SL as have lots of time and Lindens invested in it.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give. 

Laika Ravikumar wrote:

I am about to buy a new PC. They mostly come with Windows 10 pre installed. I have seen conflicting stories as to whether it works with SL. I know at least one of my friends has it and says it works perfectly for him. Can anyone clarify matters am very confused, reluctant to lose my SL as have lots of time and Lindens invested in it.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give. 

Not sure about the Official SL Viewer, but IF you intend to run the Firestorm Viewer, and IF that new PC has an Intel Graphics card....might want to read here first:

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_intel_fix_32bit

• 11 months later...

Older thread, BUT W/10 topic: I just days ago tested latest Singularity & Firestorm Windows x64 viewers on my sole W/10 Home x64 build 1607 & had no issues & both ran smoothy. The Firestorm viewer was slower, & used up system RAM (8GB) faster than the latest Singularity (build 6915)  x64 viewer during prolonged SL logins. For those of you who use W/10 Home x64 here are a few tested SL tips:

A- W/10 power plan is set by default to "balanced" & you need to change it to "high performance" In the Cortana search text box type"power plan"...under advanced option select "high performance"

B- There are services you can diasble that will speed up W/10 Home x64 & SL too. In the Cortana search text box type: services...click on "services desktop app"...a services window opens..one by one double click on the services I list below...a smaller window appears..to the right of "startup type" click the down arrow..select "disable"...click "Apply"...click "OK"   You must re-boot your pc after disabling them. I am assuming you have no need for Xbox, nor Fax:

(3) Xbox services

ALL  Hyper-V services

Microsoft SNS router service

Fax service

dmwappushsvc

(3) Sensor services

Connected User Experiences & Telemetry

In addition, by disabling them it severely hinders Micro$oft from "data mining" your personal info. Yes, I do Windows too.

"I Love Simplicity"

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2635 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.