Where the hell are you and what on earth are you doing here?????

Porky Gorky

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4059 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Time to get my noob on....

Hi, my name is Porky. I live in England. I joined SL in Summer 2004 and since then have spent my time mainly building content to sell, as well as completing lots of custom work during the boom/business years. 

In the small amount of spare SL time I allow myself I am currently on a mission to explore as much of SL that is left as possible before it all goes away.

So, 

Where are you from?

When did you join SL originally?

What have you mainly spent your time doing in SL in the past?

How are you planning to spend your time in SL in 2013?

p.s. if you think these questions are too personal then feel free to answer just some or none at all :matte-motes-big-grin:

ETA: by the way, this isn't a research survey or anything....this is Porky, stuck on a train bored out of his tiny little mind.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Porky Gorky wrote:

Where are you from?
Paris. You know, French Cancan, Moulin Rouge, champagne and all that cliché stuff... 

Must have been in 2006, under another account, but not too sure...

Bleeped as everyone did at the beginning, got tired of pixel bumping after one day or so, then started SHOPPING!!! 

Delete my house at least 50 times to rebuild it and purchase more furniture than my prim count will ever allow me. 

p.s. if you think these questions are too personal then feel free to answer just some or none at all :matte-motes-big-grin:

ETA: by the way, this isn't a research survey or anything....this is Porky, stuck on a train bored out of his tiny little mind.

:smileyhappy:
I answered because I hate the idea of a bored Porky stuck in a train
. :smileyhappy:

Porky Gorky wrote:

can you get the ticket clipper to sign your ticket and post a copy on here please

just so we know you actual on a train. like pics or it didn't happen q; (:

+

ps

you not have to provide proof that you out your tiny little mind tho k. am happy to take your word for that part. and I wont tell anyone else. promise (:

oh wait! you said bored out. sorry nvm q; (:

Where are you from?

The Netherlands.

Building, managing and living in my 1920s Berlin Roleplay sim.

Building, managing and living in my 1920s Berlin Roleplay sim.

Where are you from?

Wisconsin, USA

April 6, 2008

I climbed into a roller coaster relationship and rode it for 2.5 years while learning to build and script, eventually designing everything on our little island in the Maldives. Most of my creations are from this time. When the coaster hit bottom, I incinerated the original Madelaine and left SL. Five weeks later (Brenda Connolly bet I would return within three, so I won) the current Madelaine was born. Since then I've primarily danced with friends. My in-world time is the now lowest it's been since joining.

Like Immy, I don't plan (RL or SL). I go where each day takes me. 

Where are you from? 

I'm from Croatia, small country in the shape of banana, if you locate Itally on the world map, go north across Adriatic sea and there it is. We have little more than 4 milllion people and 1244 islands, have one in the shape of a heart lol. And we are known as great tourist location. 

It was in the spring of 2010. I have no idea how I found it but I remember I was thinking maybe it will be different from all the games I was playing so far. And it is!

Mainly trying stuff, like everything I found interesting. I tried to do different sl jobs, relationships and met people from around the world. I love SL because of its diversity, for example I don't have money to go visit India for a few months so having a friend from there will help me to get to know the country and culture more than any school or book. It also helped me to make my English better;) 

I plan to work more on my current business - having a photo studio, also improve my photo editing skills. Learn more about landscaping and making my in-world location nice with as least lag as possible. I plan to learn how to make awesome poses (which is funny because I am allready working for a shop that sells them so I just need to make some). Then I need to learn mesh so I can make pose props and most important of all, I need to learn how to properly balance my RL/SL time. 

Great thread, I can't wait to see more answers!

Where are you from?

Mars.

I crashed here in 2007.

Trying to pick up Earth Women and finding my spaceship.

Doing the same.

I'm from California, a country on the west coast of North America.

I started SL in September 2008.

I came here for the express purpose of misbehaving. That was going very well for me and at first it seemed I had a bright future in misbehavior. Alas, it wasn't long before I fell in with good companions and things changed. Mostly I socialize and explore. I've built a few things just for myself.

I don't really plan SL. I will continue to learn new things and maybe even acquire some skills. As soon as I run out of things I haven't done or learned and stop meeting interesting people I'll probably leave.

Porky Gorky wrote:

Where are you from?
Scrapheap of the Xenodroid assemblyline.

No data in memorybanks.

No data in memorybanks.

Directive 4 :  [Classified]

Porky Gorky wrote:

Hi, my name is Porky. I live in England. I joined SL in Summer 2004 and since then have spent my time mainly building content to sell, as well as completing lots of custom work during the boom/business years. 

In the small amount of spare SL time I allow myself I am currently on a mission to explore as much of SL that is left as possible before it all goes away.

So, 

Where are you from?

I love Porky's threads!  So interesting how international this forum is!

I come from a place symbolized by one star. 

Joined Nov 2007 but would have come years before when I first heard about SL if it had been for Mac at the time. I just knew I would love it before I ever joined.

I just build compulsively, all the time.  And I do customer service a lot. And check forums.  I hope to continue until it is no longer possible.

Still on that train?

I'm from sunny Queensland, Australia.

I tried to join before my current avs rezday in October 2008, but my crappy laptop before that date wasn't up to the rigors of SL.

When I started I just blundered about like all noobs do. Then one day I discovered my landlord building a lamppost. I just sat and watched him manipulate prims & put in an on/off switch...and I thought "cool - it's like Lego, but you can squish the shapes!" from then I was hooked.

Whenever I manage to be on now I'm always making stuff for my shop. Maybe this year I might try to advertise a bit more...but probably not - I like creating too much!

Peony Sweetwater wrote:

Still on that train?

Nope, finally home now! Took 3 hours to complete a 90 minute journey!.

Every 3 minutes an automated message played into my carriage apologising for the delay which was the result of snow on the tracks. No snow within a hundred miles of my train. Go figure! The conductor was a miserable **bleep** and wouldn't give us any information. 

What's more annoying is that 10 minutes after starting this thread the train moved about 1 mile down the track and stopped for another hour in an area where I, and hundreds of other angry commuters no longer had any phone reception so I didn't have the pleasure of reading all your answers to help pass the time.

Like Pam, I am surprised how international the forum community is.

This is a good opportunity for all you lurkers who barely post to come out and make yourself known too. We all want to know, where the hell are you and what on earth are you doing here?

Where are you from?  
I'm in the UK

Feb 2010

The usual stuff... shopping, teaching myself how to build pointless quirky things, taking pics and wandering.

I may go all out and make a few friends just for the hell of it.....

Where are you from?  Missouri USA

When did you join SL originally?  August 10, 2008

What have you mainly spent your time doing in SL in the past?  I've had a really varied SL past.  I was a police officer on a 53 sim continent for a long time, owned a lot of land, been a Master to two boys for over a year, started building and selling in 2010, which is what I do currently.  

How are you planning to spend your time in SL in 2013?  Building, making textures, selling, clubbing when I can, having fun!

Where are you from?

Originally Texas, U.S.A.; but now New York, U.S.A.

In mid-2006, but I knew about it before then.

Freeform roleplaying.

Once again...Freeform roleplaying. :matte-motes-big-grin-squint:

EDIT: Added the 'U.S.A.'s to my post.

Where are you from?

US, smack in the middle of the bible belt and tornado alley.

Tail end of '07. Took some breaks here and there, but I've been here ever since.

Mostly RPing and working at some places. I used to build and do photography, but now I mostly sit around and decorate my house when my rp is being boring. Also hang with friends.

Get better at fussing with mesh so I can make houses again (it's a slow process), rp someplace that is active and not cliquish >-> and hang with my friends more. Maybe take up working in a photo studio again, dunno yet!

Where are you from?     I live in switzerland

When did you join SL originally?   2/11 2007

What have you mainly spent your time doing in SL in the past?       building, building, and sometimes building...

How are you planning to spend your time in SL in 2013?      building?

Porky Gorky wrote:

Where are you from?  

Southwest Missouri, yep, bible thumping and tornados and cows everywhere! *waves to the other hicks she sees in the thread*

I made an account sometime late 2010 or early 2011, but did not at all understand wtf this place was, and fled lol. I came back later when I ran across the forums and lurking here gave me the incentive to make another account and try again. 

Probably pretty much what all noobs do. Explored, made friends, hosted in a club for awhile, worked customer rep for a builder from whom I learned a little about building and sculpting, eventually decided SL work wasn't for me and officially became a bum :smileyvery-happy:

I have no idea :smileysurprised:

Where are you from?     Hi Porky, I am from south australia

When did you join SL originally?  2010 lasted a year, thought i was going to leave game but made this avi just in case, after a few months came back as sassyone, new start, new group of ppl and loving it second time around

What have you mainly spent your time doing in SL in the past? clubs, exploring and attempting to build things, i enjoy the challenge, meeting ppl from all over is great too

How are you planning to spend your time in SL in 2013? same as above

Where are you from? East Coast, USA

When did you join SL originally? Mid-2004, didn't much care for it. Came back early 2005 and stuck around on that av until early 2012 when I closed up shop and took up permenent residence on this av (which was created for the "can you create a business entirely for free" challenge some time ago in the forums...and the answer us yes, btw)

What have you mainly spent your time doing in SL in the past? building, customer service, helping others, wandering around aimlessly, enjoying all the wonders sl has to bestow upon me, the usual

How are you planning to spend your time in SL in 2013? I don't get inworld as much as I'd like these days. When I do, it will be, and is, more of the same.

Where are you from?  I'm from the United States, though looking to move to Canada

When did you join SL originally?  January 8th of this year (noob myself)

What have you mainly spent your time doing in SL in the past? Mostly hitting clubs and other hang outs, seeing what all there is to do still

How are you planning to spend your time in SL in 2013? Plan? Do I look like the planning type? lol, basically just roam and see what all I can get in to and what turns up.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4059 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.