What's the difference?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3255 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

ZoeTick wrote:

Is a difference that makes no difference a difference?

Ah, but difference to whom?

Somewhere in the cloud there is a digital limbo (although some would, I'm sure, consign them to a deeper place) in which languishes a host of alts -- and one rather long-lived main -- for whom it presumably makes a great deal of difference.

As for the RL typist -- well, that's actually an interesting question. DO you miss any of your former identities?

LaskyaClaren wrote:

DO you miss any of your former identities?

This is a question worthy of its own Friday thread, but perhaps posed by a more philosophically inclined alt on a dark winter day.

In the meantime, I would answer that you should rather be asking others if my former identities are missed; I do not miss them at all, since they all live on in me - I hear their voices clearly and persistently inside my head, creating a discursive narrative considerably more entertaining and insightful, from a plethora of viewpoints, than the illiterate inanity documented in the forums.

[Although sometimes I wish the Central European performance artist, Knotter Blogfan, had had more of a run, if only because he annoyed and confused Phil so much; perhaps a relation of his might make an appearance or two in the silly season.]

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3255 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.