What are we going to call it? Chatbook, SLitter?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4602 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ceera Murakami wrote:

Spam.

Because that is all it is to most of us. More spam, in our profiles, e-mail and IM's, unless we opt out of this inanne idea.

I've opted out of the feed (set it to Nobody in privacy settings) and unchecked all SIX notification checkboxes, for every one of my accounts.

But it is just like hanging out with your friends and chatting in local but you do not need to be logged into a Viewer to do it.

Sounds like the same level of brilliance that we see from the new Name Changing system thingy.  And yet we still have teleport issues, the asset servers go down at least once a week and our inventory system has not seen any beneficial changes since SL came online.

I look for textures I created in my inventory and one week they are there, the next they are not, then they are back again.

So...this points back to the position many of have take over the years.  LL loves to work on what THEY think as cool but could care less about what the users really need.

Just more of the same, yawwwwwwwwwwwwn

Glad you're excited Keli but most of are not.

:matte-motes-big-grin:

I don't spend much time looking at my profile. About the only thing I do nowadays is to add a pick, or to see what has changed when LL updates the profiles. 

Looks like they are calling it "Feed" :matte-motes-wink: at the moment. What we'll ultimately be calling it in a few months time depends on whether it turns into a headache. Sounds like there are a few who already feel that way. Now that I am looking at it with some thought, I've actually changed the privacy setting to Friends for the Feed. While I welcome courteous, clean, PG posts from people like you, Keli, I do not have the time to moderate my Feed posts to moderate for inappropriate posts.

As I have set it to Friends Only, I'll also point out that I would welcome you as a friend!  :matte-motes-wink:

Accepted. :)

So, now I have turned off the notifications as well. When I logged in to accept Keli's request, I found dozens of notifications from the forum topic posts and that my messages had been capped.

So far, my first impressions are that I prefer the original function of profiles as used and configured inworld.

Edited: to add a smile

Keli Kyrie wrote:

Oh come on it is fun. And if we all start using it maybe we won't have to hear about facebook and twitter anymore. :smileysurprised:

No, it's not! It's useless! It's trying to mimic Twitbook only in order to pull more people from there - who cares about the paying loyal customers from yesterday when there are millions of people around that don't care about their privacy and post all sorts of uninteresting crap out on the web?

The way I look at it is like local chat Inworld. Everyone can see that and we all know it so we edit what we say there. I think it is a great way to communicate with your friends when you can't get inworld. But you just have to remember it is open chat.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4602 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.