Werewolf Avatar

RoyBlakeley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2699 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

RoyBlakeley wrote:

My avatar is a werewolf because I think they look cool. However, is it likely that someone will assume I use that avatar for some kinky reason? 

If your avatar is anything else, but a flying toaster, someone some time will assume you are into kinky stuff. Some types of avatars (like demons) provoke those ideas more than others, more neutral ones. Some people with werewolf avatars are into stuff like that, others aren't. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Don't worry about it, there is lots of people on SL known as furries who have avatars covered in fur and fluffs and stay PG about it 24/7. I have a werewolf avatar myself and I go for extra realism when using my avatars (where allowed), not once has someone said anything about my werewolf avatar being “kinky”. But even if you do not go for extra realism, some places may still request you put pants over bugs bunny nudity, probably because of the nature of SL, not because think it is kinky.

I believe all mainland allows bugs bunny nudity, even PG land, as the default werewolf and vampire avatars not have clothes attachments.

But do keep in mind, some places might tell to change your avatar completely as it may not fit in with the situation, such as wild west RP sims. There are also places which dislike “furries”, they might see a werewolf avatar as a furry avatar. But do not let this decide your avatar choice! There are plenty of other places in SL which would glad to have you visit, if they don't want your traffic(part of how place popularity is calculated), then it's their loss.

Definition of “bugs bunny nudity”: just fluff where the anatomically correct parts go.

RoyBlakeley wrote:

My avatar is a werewolf because I think they look cool. However, is it likely that someone will assume I use that avatar for some kinky reason? 

Yes. That avatar in this place is a foregone conclusion. To argue otherwise is like visiting a gay bar and getting upset that someone assumed you were gay.

Syo Emerald wrote:

RoyBlakeley wrote:

If your avatar is anything else, but a flying toaster, someone some time will assume you are into kinky stuff. Some types of avatars (like demons) provoke those ideas more than others, more neutral ones. Some people with werewolf avatars are into stuff like that, others aren't. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

What makes you think there isn't someone into flying toasters?

I think the magic of SL is that after you've been on awhile you realize no one really cares what you are and you stop worrying about what other people think about you pretty quick. You can be almost anything and it's OK, as long as you're not breaking the TOS. I have a few non-human alts that I use, several are quad dogs, a polar bear and a moose. I've never had any problems as a quad animal other than a griefer. In my RL I'm sure a few people I know would think it's weird that I like to be an animal in SL but they'll never find out because I keep my RL identity private.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2699 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.