Weird Alpha halo??

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3901 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It's a mesh dress so they wouldn't come with invisiprims... would they? I havent made any mesh clothes yet so I don't exactly know how mesh clothes work. 

But I do know that i was -not- wearing any invisiprims. Arent' those only used for shoes anyway? 

*is noob*

It really looks like someone took a long floofy sleeved dress model and retextured it to be sleeveless. that wasn't a hot idea, but oh well.

If the dress is modifiable, and you are using a materials-enabled viewer, you can try setting the diffuse texture's alpha mode to "alpha masking". This mode stops the alpha sorting problem that gives you those "holes" behind you; however on existing textures not designed with that in mind, it's possible you may see have jaggy edges. Still, if the dress allows it, it can't hurt to try.

Not all viewers have materials support yet, in particular the large block of people using Firestorm are still missing this feature set. So, a fix like this won't be visible to everyone yet, but eventually they will catch up.

I had this effect hit me the other day and I too recognised it to be the invisiprim effect, but I knew I wasn't wearing such a thing. I am at a loss as to what is triggering it, but it does seem that some alpha effects are now acting like this when near one another, just like invisiprims used to.

This happens when a section of mesh is made transparent using a 32 bit targa or transparent PNG texture. It's not "all rigged mesh" or anything like that. If the transparent section is done so using SL's built in transparency setting on the texture options tab, you do not see a "halo" where the transparent section is causing textures with alpha channels to disappear behind it. It looks like you're wearing a mesh item with optional sleeves, where instead of the sleeve being made transparent by simply setting the transparency to 100, it's been done by replacing the sleeve texture with a transparent tga.  Hair is another story, since it has to be done with a texture, it's unavoidable. This was bug reported some time ago, apparently LL haven't deemed it important enough to fix yet. :smileysad:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3901 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.