Wanting to get into the game, having trouble getting started.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3289 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, 

I am trying to get into the game, it seems very interesting to me, but I can't seem to figure out where to go.

I have been fishing for the last few days, but there's a limit to how much I can fish (24 hour limits on spots), and I've only made around $30 in fish after around 10 hours or so. 

I read that people used to be able to camp for money, but that was removed, I tried the gold hunt game but I didn't have a whole lot of success (areas were very crowded). 

Am I missing something on how to start out? 

Oh-oh, don't call it a 'game' around here...

Anyway...

If you want to earn L$, find the Linden Realms and go gem collecting. That's probably the best way to get a little cash to start with (other than actually buying L$ with real money)

http://lindenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Linden_Realms_Wiki

Really though, it's not so much a 'game' as, well, you'll figure it out.

Yeah, you are missing out on the fact that Second Life is not World of Warcraft. Your question would make sense in a game environment, like WoW, where the developlers have established dozens of ways to get it. But here, none of this applies. There is no gold to farm, no quests to do and no big dragon to slay.

All of these non-skilled games for earning money where created by other users and they had their own benefit in mind. This means, those games are not intended to make you wealthy or anything. They are a huge waste of time. Linden Realms might be the least worse of them, as its the only offical game and not made by other users...but it too will take many hours of your time.

Most people simply use a credit card or paypal to buy some L$.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3289 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.