WHO DENOOBIFIED YOU? (is Jumpman Resident free as a avi name? hehehe)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3224 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i posed the following once, now i pose it again caws I'm back and a reto-noob or heratage noob or legacy noob or sumfin. i mean like wtf is mesh (crap i gotta buy a new graphics card hehehe)

"Everyone starts SL the same! as a know-nothing noob! It takes that one great mentor to shape our SL-destinies for good or ill. Who shaped you?

Though C. Flossberg was one who had a hand in denoobyfing me (though it mainly consisted of, "you still look like a noob!", the main person responsible for denoobyfing me was one of that last two Dawsons (L. not B.)

THIS Dawson also is credited with denoobyfing The Great Watermelon, so it's like TGW and I are like the 5 Deadly Venoms. Some day the last "student" of L. Dawson might just come and see if we are using our powers for good or ill and take me and THAT Linden out."

who denoobified you and are they still around

(the gal that denoobified me is but she knows NOTHING) BOUT MEN'S SKINS OR CLOTHES)

Been a long time since I saw your name around here! Welcome back :)  

Everyone in these forums helped to denoobify me. I was here constantly, whether they knew it or not :matte-motes-dead: They're Still helping, I always check here when idk wtf I'm doing. 

I de-noobed myself.  There weren't a lot of people around when I joined SL. 

At first I worked with the default avatar, and made my shape and some clothing using the appearance settings.  Once I was out and about in the world I then noticed that people who had been in SL longer didn't look as much like a toon as I did, lol.  So I started going to shops (not near as many as there are today) and discovered skins, prim hair (something quite new then), eyes, etc. and bought what I needed to de-noob.

It's so long ago I don't remember. I did a lot of it myself. The first thing I did in SL was hit the shape editor and start creating. At some time early on I was pointed to a freebie area, which was a source of some very useful items back then. Even if it wasn't the best quality, it got my my first AO (sort of - a sexy walk animation in some shoes), skins that weren't coloured using the sliders (but in retrospect, were probably stolen), and non-system hair.

A few weeks in, a Domme* persuaded me to buy L$10K and buy a couple of flex hairstyles and a quality (for the time) fatpack of skins. I can't remember her name, and even if I did I wouldn't reveal it here. Thanks, though, to those early friends and acquaintances who helped me improve my look.

*and that's a whole other story

I did not get much help losing my n00b looks but it wasn't something I worried about in my early weeks.  One friend I met early on helped me get an AO and another avie directed me to a hair shop to purchase my first hair.  That was about it until I started shopping on a regular basis with a couple of friends for hair and clothing.

I remember like it was yesterday. . . Help Island, Feb. 27, 2010. My vivid memory makes it seem so real. She had on a red dress with a light green 'Venus Petrov' display name over her head. My heart still races when I think back. I was grey, all grey, but I was able to discern colors and shapes around me and wow did this Venus Petrov have some colors and shapes; but I still remained grey.

I was very nervous and confused - hey, it was my first time.

Then I read it and felt it, yes, that moment of bliss; her keystrokes all over me, words coming together. I was beginning to feel so excited, I told her so. She was writing me what to do, almost controlling me -- I was in a trance; vulnerable, excited. I looked down and read "come on Ho, you can do it. "Yes Ho, that's it." "It feels so good....  Yes, just a little more Ho, a little more!"
I became almost delirious as I was nearing that moment! "I'm ALMOST THERE" I managed to write (the cap lock was not intentional).   And then I read "come on Ho, I'm here for you, come on, now do it and do it for me, now, Ho, now"

I rezzed.

Yes, right there and in that moment I rezzed for my first time. DENOOBIFIED

Afterwards we shared some small talk, and I had a cigar.

We have been bff ever since . . .

DejaHo wrote:

I remember like it was yesterday. . . Help Island, Feb. 27, 2010. My vivid memory makes it seem so real. She had on a red dress with a light green 'Venus Petrov' display name over her head. My heart still races when I think back. I was grey, all grey, but I was able to discern colors and shapes around me and wow did this Venus Petrov have some colors and shapes; but I still remained grey.

Then I read it and felt it, yes, that moment of bliss; her keystrokes all over me, words coming together. I was beginning to feel so excited, I told her so. She was writing me what to do, almost controlling me -- I was in a trance; vulnerable, excited. I looked down and read "come on Ho, you can do it. "Yes Ho, that's it." "It feels so good....  Yes, just a little more Ho, a little more!"

I became almost delirious as I was nearing that moment! "I'm ALMOST THERE" I managed to write (the cap lock was not intentional).   And then I read "come on Ho, I'm here for you, come on, now do it and do it for me, now, Ho, now"

I rezzed.

Afterwards we shared some small talk, and I had a cigar.

I so love Happy Endings [:P the multi-level entendre, totally meant too!]

DejaHo wrote:

I rezzed.

Afterwards we shared some small talk, and
I had a cigar.

What I had, I can't print. :matte-motes-bored:

((((JUMMMPPPPYYYYY!!!!!!))))   I'm so glad to see you!  :matte-motes-big-grin:   I de-noobified myself, live and learn, trial and error.....  Back on 2007, you rezzed on Help Island, got your torch, and left, pretty much.  My RL son told me about SL, but he was busy with his girl, his prim babies, etc so I pretty much learned on my own.  Still here, look pretty good for my age! 

My RL daughter was already well established in SL.  I think it was my second or third time to log in, having just left Help Island for the first time, and got lost in some furry region with skin tight pants that were too short, a tie-dyed shirt, some huge wings, and a head of plastic looking hair.  Too bad I didn't take a picture.  I IM'd my daughter for some help.  She sent me a teleport offer, took one look at me, and took me shopping.  She dropped around $L6000 getting me a skin, hair and AO, and passed me some freebie threads.  Still using the same skin and hair. 

I lost my noobginity by self love. I was waiting on my sister to help me. After a month of her ignoring me because of her enterage I just went on the MP and started shopping for what I liked. Sadly the skin was stolen and I eventually lost it and bought one I used for 4 years till I upgraded last year.... I wish I could have found the OP to the skin I had bought. I would love it again.. le sigh... 

Welcome back Jumpman :)

Im self taught too like Treasure but I had no-one to ask. I didnt make friends early on and struggled on alone and came to forum frequently to find how to do things. 

Because I took so long, I missed out on most of the free gifts because I wasnt ready to receive them. But I made it and now having a good time. 

ZoeTick wrote:

KarenMichelle Lane wrote:

I so love Happy Endings

Damn! That was going to be the name of my next alt.

Now you've ruined it.

Well  look at it this way. When Happy Endings makes an appearance they will be already loved! :D

ZoeTick wrote:

I so love Happy Endings

Damn! That was going to be the name of my next alt.

Now you've ruined it.

Well  look at it this way. When Happy Endings makes an appearance they will be already loved!
:D

But that is not supposed to happen until the FINALE!

Way back nearly 11 years ago a Lovely lady Named Petuca Chang (I probably spelled her first name wrong) met me at the Ahern landing point where all new residents landed. She suggested I follow her to get me away from the riff raff hanging out there. Only problem was I was coming from TSO and couldn't remember how to walk here (I was trying to click the ground). By the time I figured out how to walk the lady had vanished off into the unknown and I was left to fend for myself. I often wondered what she though of that incident. I find it hilarious now.

I wandered around until I stumbled on the Ahern stage and there just happened to be a Q & A going on at the time. So I asked how I fed, bathed and used the bathroom here for my sim. Hey if you ever played the Sims or TSO you will get that one. I was terrified I would kill my character. There were a few laughs and I was ignored.

SO I wandered around more and found the sandbox. People were BUILDING THINGS! No external 3D software. Building it right there in game. I went premium immediately. I had been making 3rd party objects for the sims for years. Even had a website so people could download the stuff. I was in Hog Heaven.

I brought another family member to join me. We muddled through together taking every building class we could find. BLESS YOU Toy Lafayette!

Over the years more and more family joined us until there were 72 of us in game. The rest is SListory.

Of course this all begs the question of was I ever denoobified. 11 years in SL and I still wear default skin and hair and clothing layer clothes. I did break down and buy a pair of prim shoes 7 years ago or so.   ;)

Hey Darkness I remember that story!!! :) ( shhhhh I think u necromanced an answer to a necro NECROMANCED original post) hehehehe but I won't tell :P ) personally I'm just grateful that the most influential person who guided me in SL still logs in and hasn't changed a bit. (L. Dawson) I mean I thought EVERYONE had a J. Kothari custom home back then. (Only her and A. Butler do tho lol). Thanks everybody who welcomed me back. The forums are where I have had a LOAD of fun :)

ZoeTick wrote:

Jumpman Lane wrote:

The forums are where I have had a LOAD of fun
:)

Not these forums.

You can't even shorten the name of a friend called Richard without being accused of using inappropriate language.

You mean someone is going to report me for calling someone Rick or Rich?  Dick?  As in Dick Nixon?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3224 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.