Very strange shop.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3307 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I came across a shop not far from my home that sells avatar stuff - skins, hair etc. The strange thing is that this shop is 'no public access' - only the owners are allowed on the land.  It has been like this for quite a while, ever since it was built..

I love very strange shops but only if I can go shopping in them of course - or at least go window shopping.

The most likely explanation in this case is that the owners have messed up the parcel settings. The same happened to a friend of mine. She couldn't understand why she never got any customers until I tried to visit her store and discovered I couldn't.

Nomnom88 wrote:

Very strange shop indeed, maybe they haven't grasped the whole shop concept?

Or maybe they have? Do you know how much trouble those customers can be? You can't really run a proper store with them hanging around!

The shop in question is basic in design and looks to be complete, with all the products arranged along the walls.  It's been the same for many weeks.  There's no apparent reason why potential customers need to be kept away.  Presumably it's possible to stand on land next to the shop, cam in, and buy the products anyway!  

I'd go with the theory that the owners have simply forgotten to change the access permissions for the land.  Perhaps I should remind them:)  

Yes, perhaps you should FYI them.

I run into it all the time where someone has marked the land Public Access but also checked Group Access. Some folks don't understand that if you do group access it overrides public access. I guess some people just forget, but others just won't read instructions.

Just recently I FYIed two large land owners who are selling their properties that no one could actually get on the property because they had the group access checked along with public. These folks are long time SLers so I assume they forgot what these two functions do because they went so many years with just group access. It happens. It happens more to newer people, though.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3307 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.