Very frustrated over 2 last linden homes...Now I can't get anohter one

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3192 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone.  I just have to vent my frustration over this morning's troubles.  I've been trying to get a linden home that is not all stuck to one another for the past 5 days.  Most are unavailable and when they do become available, there is no view other than the house next door on any side.  But the worst was this morning when I decided on a model adn it was available.  So here I go and claim it.  Lucky I thought as the view is decent and I can even see a bit of water from a distance.  I was the only one on the sim and there was just so much lag, it was unbelievable.  I had 3 pieces of low prim furniture.  Two chairs and a fireplace that cost me 500 L in all.  I wasn't able to return the furniture to my inventory.  This was in the Noble Fir region.  I did the best I could and just abandoned my land out of frustration after trying to get my pieces back.  I was finally able to get the fireplace back but the two chairs at 250 L each stayed behind as I was unable to retrieve them.

The second home of the same design was on the Tapplekirk region and I just couldn't log in properly.  My avatar started displaying clothing that was not on her 5 minutes before.  She lost her hair and her body turned grey.  There was no furniture at all in the home as I had just arrived.  I thought I would let the lag settle down and tried to put my hair back on with no luck.  It just disappeared.  I've been wearing this hair for the past week and it was 250 L.  I'm a new premium member and I have to tell you that I am most disgusted and if this doesn't resolve quickly, I will leave second life for good.  This is supposed to be a pleasant experience and it is not at all that.

I went to another sim where I go where things are calm and tried to put my hair back on.  In the WEARING section, I could see that my hair was not showing.  I attempted to put it back on following the options I had previously when wearing that hair.  WITHOUT success.  I can't get my hair back on at all.  I have cleared the cache, rebooted the computer, cleared again, cleaned the computer's cache as well as SL cache and still can't get my hair back on.

The worst is that I have used up my 5 home choices in 24 hours and now I have to wait to find another one and have no home, out 500 L and no hair.  What the he** am I supposed to do with this?  I'm sure I won't be reimbursed for those two arm chairs and what about my avatar and no hair?  I can't put my hair back on?  I'm just sick of web sites promissing everything and overloading sims with useless sex garbage and very little quality.  And the bugs.......look at these forums with everything that is going on and they still try to add new things.  Why not fix what is presently not working properly instead of trying to promote new products?  Why are there so many homes stuck togetehr on a region Sadand the lag is terrible.  Getting a free linden home is not at all free if you have to go through such a hassle.

I'm going to wait a day or two and if this situation is not resolved, I will cancel my premium membership and not look back.  I'm sorry to be venting like this but this is not at all fun not to mention that I have to wait hours before I can try to get a home again........and bald on top of that.

Sad and disappointed,

Mocha

Posted by Status Desk on July 2nd, 2015 at 04:26 am PDT

[Posted 4:28 AM PDT, 02 July 2015] We are performing unscheduled maintenance. While the maintenance is in progress, some residents may experience login issues and residents in-world may be logged off or experience degraded performance. Additionally, during this time Group Chat may fail. Please refrain from rezzing no-copy objects and making L$ transactions during this maintenance. Please check back here for updates.

what you describe and almost everybody encoutered is nothing more than a little issue on the whole grid. LL is working on it.

If you had done nothing and just waited till LL had given all clear NOTHING bad would have happened to you or your stuff.

Now in the worst case you lost your items.

And nobody can help you with that.

As Kelly has posted above, always check the Grid Status on your Dashboard before tossing your hands in the air and giving up.  Maintenance happens. Things happen.  It's unfortunate that this occurred to you as a new premium member.   I have owned a Linden Home in the past and all went well.  Hang in there.

While it's good advice to always check the Grid Status before tossing up our hands in despair, I believe the OP started this thread BEFORE LL posted the alert on Grid Status.   

It's possible the chairs are gone forever, but I tend to doubt it.   Those objects may already be sitting in inventory & visible now that the repairs have been made.

If indeed those chairs were left out in the Linden Home you abandoned, they should be auto-returned, in which case they'll show up in your "Lost & Found" folder as a coalesced object.   It may or may not have the name of one of the chairs. 

Wait a minute... Five home choices in 24 hours? FIVE? How are you making these choices, throwing a dart?

First off: if somewhere doesn't seem right, don't move right in. Look around for somewhere that seems more stable. You don't need a home, so you have the luxury of waiting for just the right one.

Once you pick one that feels OK and you move in, give it a chance. Lag happens. SL has good days and bad days. Just stay there for a while to see how things turn out. If the lag is super bad, go exploring and give things a chance to settle down. While you do this, you can use your Premium member powers to file a support ticket and let LL know that something's up. If you're still impatient after a day of no results, THEN think about moving on.

If your av won't rez properly, try somewhere quiet. Try a couple of different quiet places. Still no joy? Check for known grid problems. Ask some people if they're having the same issue. Check your internet connection. File a ticket. All these things can help. You what won't help? Abandoning your Linden home and getting a new one.

As far as the hair goes... the same things can help. Ask if people are having the same problem - if they aren't, then the chances are the problem is at your end, not with the sim. Doing the clear cache hokey-cokey might help, but often it just slows things down. Try making a copy of the hair and wearing that. Look for some hints on fixing a bugged avatar and run through those - most involve stripping down to a minimum av and rebuilding from there.

As for the furniture - just occasionally, stuff is lost for good. It doesn't happen often, but it can happen. Check your inventory carefully, including Trash and Last & Found. Ask for support with lost items. Try to get an Inventory rebuild. And if the worst comes to the worst, remember that while it's a pain in the arse to lose anything, L$500 is not a lot to lose.

Dana Dielli wrote:

While it's good advice to always check the Grid Status before tossing up our hands in despair, I believe the OP started this thread BEFORE LL posted the alert on Grid Status.   

Doesn't matter. You're talking minutes. Once something seems awry, check the Grid Status page. By the time they finished typing the WOT, the notice would have been posted.

Then wait for the 'resolved' post:  [Resolved 6:53 AM PDT, 02 July 2015] This morning’s unscheduled maintenance has been completed. 

Venus Petrov wrote:

Doesn't matter. You're talking minutes. Once something seems awry, check the Grid Status page. By the time they finished typing the WOT, the notice would have been posted.

Then wait for the 'resolved' post:  [Resolved 6:53 AM PDT, 02 July 2015] This morning’s unscheduled maintenance has been completed. 

Yes it was a short time betweent the OP's original post and the Grid Status page getting updated, but the troubles leading to that post took far longer than a few minutes.  

Selecting and abandoning multiple Linden homes takes a bit of time.   Should this person have tried other alternatives first? - Absolutely.    I just don't feel it's his fault that LL chose to update Twitter before they updated this website's grid status today.

On to new business.  :)

Mochadaisy, don't give up....

One thing you might try is to find out if the merchants where you bought the hair and furniture have a re-delivery box in their stores. I was pushed out of SL a few days ago just after making a purchase, and what I bought disappeared, but I got another copy from the re-delivery kiosk.

Hope you find a place you like, and get your things back.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3192 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.