Vampire one on one

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2767 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Since 2012 I am on Sl, on and off. Guess I know how it works, but there is one thing I never got. When you go to some place ( probably safe  hub) and a vampire tries to bit you.... what happens to your ava? I know (think) you don't die, you don't lose your ava,  your inventory is ok.....  but I can't find out what happens if you like some vampire and told her to get blood from me once a week. Can anybody help me with this or answer what happens with me ( my ava) after been bitten a lot? Can't seem to find it with google

Nothing happens to your av. It is all role play.  If you actually want to paricipate in such role play, there is likely a website dedicated to the particular system your friend uses, which will offer more info. But, if you do not really want to get involved in it, then do nothing, because nothing has actually happened. 

There are also tons of threads on the various vampire systems people use here on the forums, a quick search will find them for you :) 

As already told you.. it's just play... but there's a but....

if you want to become a blood doll /donor..or whatever its named, you also have to take care your bloodlevel stays up ( still RP !)

for example... in bloodlines you need apples or cider for that. The one that bites you SHOULD buy that for you, to keep the game going. If they don't they will drain you (RP!) and you'll be useless after getting at 0 for that game...

Before you agree... ask.. ask and ask more, most will "forget" to tell you some simple but important things.

Thank you both for the answer. She asked me if I was interested in being a vampire, I said no, and that was it. But after talking for a while I told her she could bite me once a week, thinking it wouldn't mind my ava. Thanks to you I know now it doesn't matter.... I just accapt and don't mind :-)

Know too that some vampire roleplay systems, for example Bloodlines, will store your avatar name in a public database that shows your 'soul' being owned by the vampire.  Some people get really upset about it.  If you object to that then don't accept any bite requests.

There is a garlic necklace you wear once on Marketplace that will prevent you from getting bite requests from Bloodline players.

Hey, because not all answers are correct, here it is...

I'm in Bloodlines. If you don;t have a Bloodlines HUD, you can only be bitten one time. It does indeed nothing to your avatar, but you will have a registration (to the others in Bloodlines) that your soul is in limbo. (It will only belong to the first that bitten you, when you indeed would get yourself a Bloodlines HUD.)

If you would like to be bitten, like once a week, thats possible, but then you would need a Bloodlines HUD, and your soul will be transfered to the first one that bitten you. (Even if your first bite was many years ago) Some vampires would love to pay the HUD for you, just so they have your soul and can bite you more often (If you accepted that, also with a HUD you still need to respond to the request before they can bite you).

Indeed, when they have bitten you about 30 times, you will be empty. It will be your choise if you want to drink cider to stay full, but in my opinion, your soulkeeper (and/or liege) should pay that for you, or offer you to drink from their cask.

All this is only the case if you really want to be bitten more than once, or become active in Bloodlines as a Human. You don't need to become a vampire if you don't want that and can stay Human with the HUD, it is a race in Bloodlines, like being a vampire, lycan or hybrid.

If you have been bitten, the only way to get bitten again is to take a potion thats called Wormwood, but thats 249L, so thats an expencive thing to do for a bite.

If you want your soul to go to someone else, after you been bitten by someone then you will need the Wormwood too. But thats only if you been bitten before and you want to get yourself a HUD.

Hope this helps you a bit. Never be scared to ask a Bloodlines player. Most are happy to help. Sending unasked bite requests is something nowdays is a no go (thank god) but some still do. Most serious players would not do that.

• 1 month later...

Thank you all for the answers. I lost my vampire, but reading this I am just good for a one night stand. I will however try to use clearer topics, I don't want people to read the topics and hoping anything it is not. Thank you again, 

I asked 200 vampires now, still 24379 to go ( it's a guess)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2767 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.