Urgent help please

garey Solo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4459 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I created a swimming pool. Bought a non static swimming animation and can't figure out how to use it. I added the animation to the water. It animated my avatar but I stayed in the same place. No swimming along the water,  just swimming on the spot. Can anyone tell me how to make my avi move along with the animation please? I'm completely stuck!

Thanks advance.

i posted this to the other discussion ... but

couldn't you do it like the dance balls in a club? when you are animated by one of those, you can move around where you want. There's an old script in the library for a dance ball, maybe you could use it: http://lslwiki.net/lslwiki/wakka.php?wakka=LibraryDanceBall

not like the little pose balls that you sit on and dance, but the other ones that are often over the dance floor like a disco ball that you click and allow them to animate you while you are standing.

Instead of putting the animation into the pool water, try "playing" the animation with your avatar - find the animation in your inventory and double click it and then select "play in-world" in the dialog box that will pop up. It may be meant to work like a walk or dance animation and not be part of an object.

ohn wrote:

i posted this to the other discussion ... but

couldn't you do it like the dance balls in a club? when you are animated by one of those, you can move around where you want. There's an old script in the library for a dance ball, maybe you could use it:

not like the little pose balls that you sit on and dance, but the other ones that are often over the dance floor like a disco ball that you click and allow them to animate you while you are standing.

This is like what I suggested in his other thread.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussion-Forum/How-do-you-animate-a-swimmimg-pool/m-p/1364147#M48865

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4459 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.