Trying to buy Lindens

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2788 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Not sure if this is the right place to post.

I've been trying to buy Lindens tonight, but I haven't gotten anything. It says my payment type was approved and that my order was successful, but I still don't have the Lindens I purchased. I looked all around in the account information and the only thing I could find was that the order was "open". what does that mean? I thought that once I paid, I would have the Lindens instantly. Am I out my money? Should I cancel the order (it does give me an option to cancel). How long does it usually take to get lindens into the account when you pay?

Help? Hope I didn't just waste/los a bunch of money!

you didnt buy L$ ... yet.....but this sounds like you placed a order forL$ by limit buy..

nd if nothing happened, you putted a to low rate )

If you need money instantly you better use the normal buy option at top of the page. Or put in a higher exchangerate, thos will pass much faster too.

Oh! I wasn't quite sure what I was doing! haha 

I tried to buy, but it told me there was a limit of what I could buy. I didn't understand why, so I started clicking around to try to find out more information and I saw the limit buy thing. Of course, I went with the best exchange (in my favor). I didn't realize it was a different method entirely! 

Should I cancel or just wait?

Ok, I think I have a better handle on what is going on now. So, now for a more advanced (for me anyway, haha!) question: 

What is the best way to buy Lindens? open market or take the fast way (which I am guessing is always the worst exchange rate)?

I put an order to buy at 251 L$ / 1$ a few days ago, and it got fulfilled immediately. 

And don´t worry, it´s a lot of settings and stuff both in-world as on the website as on the forum, and often things are less than obvious or in the best place to be noticed or found, can take some time or searching to find everything, or stumble over it eventually.

Taeem wrote:

I put an order to buy at 251 L$ / 1$ a few days ago, and it got fulfilled immediately. 

And don´t worry, it´s a lot of settings and stuff both in-world as on the website as on the forum, and often things are less than obvious or in the best place to be noticed or found, can take some time or searching to find everything, or stumble over it eventually.

251/1 is not very wise... the rates are around 260/1 ..even to 268

you lose a lot when you put in such values at limit buy and don't follw the market

• 2 months later...

count yourself lucky it's a problem that can be fixed . they decided to "maintain" their system mid transaction on me and didn't complete the  transaction on their end , but my credit card company did . now i've got 100 bucks locked up in limbo until i fill out a bunch of paperwork lol

it perhaps has nothing to do with maintenance, you might have picked a Limit buy for a unacceptable exchange rate.

Of course it's possible there is a mistake in the system, but it's easy to check.

Go to your account page, click the  "manage" button next to "buy" and look at the order history.

With some luck you see a open order there what you can cancel.

The money will go to your USD balance and will be available for future buy/fees

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2788 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.