Traveling through SL with weekly rentals

Viktor Nacht

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2703 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hope this is the right place to post this.

I've recently returned to SL after a few years away, and I'm having a great time checking out all the amazing builds. SL has really gotten more beautiful.

I recently rented a place at Storybrooke for a week, which gave me the idea of traveling through SL spending a week or so at a time, renting a place at one of these new, beautifully-built sims before moving on to another one.

Thing is, it's a pain finding these special spots, and which also have weekly rentals. Maybe there just aren't that many? 

Any suggestions on places the community here knows of, or where or how to look to save the most time, would be greatly appreciated. I'm thinking of weekly rentals at roleplay sims of any genre, beautifully designed park sims, cool looking urban sims, etc. High quality, up to date, and incredible being the operative terms here!

Thank you in advance for your help... cheers!

It can be a pain finding rental spots. I haven't tried this but if you find a nice sim you may want to just contact the owner directly and ask if you can pay rent to stay in a place. That would be kind of nice, sort of like an airbnb, wher people rent out their houses to you.

Commune Utopia comes to mind. It just changed sims, so you may want to put it lower on your list while it the finishing building touches get done. At the same time however, rentals will be opening soon or maybe already have and may go fast. It's not an RP sim, but it has the best Second Life community I have ever found. Think open-minded hippy vibe. Clothing optional. The rentals are in the form of small tree houses, so there is a nice unique vibe in itself.  

Pay close attention to the private island renting board. I see some RP places post from time to time. 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Commune%20Utopia/166/36/28

Check out my rentals, especially the themed rooms at the SL Public Land Preserve at the lodge in Carlisle. A number of the Land Preserve sites like the Moth Temple in Iris have rentals to help pay the tier on the sim. Also I have special themed homes for a month you can bid on. All very low cost.

Keswick and Coniston both have houses that can be rented by the week.

Really nice location with a sea port nearby, a friendly community and many shops.

Just let Rey, the lady who runs them, know you'll only be staying a week and I'm sure she'll understand. And it would be nice to communicate with her so she wouldn't think there was anything wrong with your stay.

Please let every landlord know you are just there for a week.  Their rental system may hold the parcel for a few days grace period if you don't pay by the seventh day. Aside from  their  set-up time for a one week rental, you don't want to cost them unpaid rent.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2703 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.