Things new residents do

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3211 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Confession - even though I've been here for a while, I often wear an off-the-rack avatar, partly because it is anonymous, and maybe partly because I figure people might forgive my 'eternal noob' mistakes more readily.

It was fairly recently that I got "all dressed up" and walked into a public venue. Realizing I was still wearing the HUD from a hunt I had been on, I tried to detach it and ended up detaching my skirt instead.

From the bar, a chat message "Well, that's a start."

I fled in embarrassment.

I love n00bs.  There was a time when the typing animation was thought to be too n00bish (i.e, if you typed in the air you were definitely a n00b) however it's come full circle and now there are all sorts of typing animations available because some see the utility of enabling someone to tell when they are chatting in local.  I have one that rezzes a bong when I type.

#1 drama

Fall in love because I helped them. 

Friend request. 

Ask for Lindens. 

Get mad if I don't answer immediately.... Recently called a **bleep** because I didn't see an IM, and even with an auto response because I'm often in photoshop, he still  got verbally abusive. 

Helping a newb is like putting my head in a vitamix. I used to try but had problems. On guy reported me for a total lie and I almost lost my account. 

They have no sense that second life is a community with standard of living  and behavior. 

Faye Feldragonne wrote:

#1 drama

Fall in love because I helped them. 

Friend request. 

Ask for Lindens. 

Get mad if I don't answer immediately.... Recently called a **bleep** because I didn't see an IM, and even with an auto response because I'm often in photoshop, he still  got verbally abusive. 

Helping a newb is like putting my head in a vitamix. I used to try but had problems. On guy reported me for a total lie and I almost lost my account. 

They have no sense that second life is a community with standard of living  and behavior. 

I still help n00bs.  I understand you didn't intend to make such a broad statement in the end because 'they' include those who *do* have standards of living and behavior. 

Faye Feldragonne wrote:

Venus, If you understood it why did you point it out?  Give others a chance  to have options without your feedback.  Just saying... 

You are seriously dictating to someone what and whether they are allowed to post here?

Did you forget to log in with your Linden name? 

Troll.

Faye Feldragonne wrote:

Venus, If you understood it why did you point it out?  Give others a chance  to have
options
without your feedback.  Just saying... 

Did you mean "opinions"?

Do you understand the nature of a discussion forum, which is a structure specifically dedicated to publishing opinions and feedback upon them?

Alec - to proof read my posts, not merely rely on a spell checker

Thise 'busy' AOs are annoying and sometimes grotesque, they make me nauseous but I'd miss them if they were gone too, one of the beautiful moments in Second life is the realisation that the most annoying things enrich my experience.

Kanjena wrote:

Thise 'busy' AOs are annoying and sometimes grotesque, they make me nauseous but I'd miss them if they were gone too, one of the beautiful moments in Second life is the realisation that the most annoying things enrich my experience.

The what now? How is an AO grotesque?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3211 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.