Thieving Friend

Ozone18enozO

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3130 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What do you do?

You take a moment to reflect on your poor choice of friends, you reflect on the learning experience and you spend a moment to ask yourself what part of the TOS you didn't read that deals with petty disputes between residents.

Harsh but there's not always a reason for a cotton will wrapped answer.

Get them to loan you one of their expensive no copy objects. They will certainly loan it because you are their friend. When they ask for it back you gently remind them of their obligation to you and that they should give you your item first. Iron fist in a velvet glove.

Just consider it as a learning experience.  Unfortunately it's difficult here to really 'know' someone, even someone you consider  as a friend.  I would think really hard before 'loaning' someone an expensive transfer-only item.  If the possibility of not getting it back was going to upset me, I would not transfer it to them to begin with. 

Thank them for doing you the favour of ridding you of the constant worry about losing that no-copy item.

Ask them if they'll also take on the burden of all your other no-copy items in inventory.

If they say yes, then you can be free again, enjoying Second Life as it was meant to be lived.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3130 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.