The Fryday thread

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2720 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

No, it's not a typo, nor a semi-literate error.

Since my cook and butler get Friday night off, I usually pop to the local chippie to break my non-fried-food-diet with some battered cod, twice-fried chips (that's English for fries, you descendants of desperate, homeless, banished, exiled, displaced or expatriated  vassals, the religiously persecuted, and deported criminals) a saveloy and mushy peas, with sliced white bread slathered in salty full-fat butter. I wash it down with a few Dark and Stormies, which cut through the essential vinegar.

What do you treat yourself to at the end of the working week, perhaps while the nutrition police are out patrolling the bars to prevent mass post-last-orders evacuation to the curry shops?

***Call me Sir Baritic, and say it fast

Pizza is my thing. I love fish&chips but baulk at all the fat, and yes...nice bread and butter to go with the chips and maybe a pineapple fritter for afters.

I like 'woodfired' pizza best, (or home made ones if I have the base already in the freezer) a nice bottle of white wine and a sunset.

CheriColette wrote:

Pizza is my thing. I love fish&chips but baulk at all the fat, and yes...nice bread and butter to go with the chips and maybe a pineapple fritter for afters.

I like 'woodfired' pizza best, (or home made ones if I have the base already in the freezer) a nice bottle of white wine and
a sunset.

Would that be a Tequila Sunset?

***Call your order in now, but don't forget to specify your pizza toppings

SirLeighBastard wrote:

CheriColette wrote:

I like 'woodfired' pizza best, (or home made ones if I have the base already in the freezer) a nice bottle of white wine and
a sunset.

Would that be a
Tequila Sunset
?

***Call your order in now, but don't forget to specify your pizza toppings

Now I should have said that!

Oh to have a decent, even a quarter decent fish n chip shop where I live - mmm last time was in Dorset about 8 years ago and they were so yummy i'd eaten them before I'd got back to my friends house and have lived with mouth watering memories ever since.

So once a week, spending an hour hitting catch up on all the programmes I've missed its KFC every time - nothing like a huge gloop of heart attack deep fried chicken skin, bbq sauce and a banana milkshake from MaccyD's (cos our KFC doesn't do them)..

Am hungry now, I think I have some dry cheese and a couple of pieces of dry bread...Cheese toasty it is then...

Ahhh .. if only it were some external force intent on restricting me to specific foods ... *wistful look*

Instead it is the internal voices, the ones that won't shut up, the ones that will only tell me what I must NOT do .. and never give me the delight of teling me what TO do ... 

But when feet find the path down memory's lane, they take me to a small shop called "Don's Cheese and Sausage" .. oddly enough owned by a man named Joe .. and their top-to-bottom menu of delights and sins that could convince even the most internally hard-wired to cross a few connections ...

And the ham sammich piled so high you had to rebalance it before every bite. Potato salad so good that Mom would use it in place of her own. And a store packed with content and rapidly becoming well-fed patrons.

Dangit! Someone invent a Time Machine .. please!!

CheriColette wrote:

....just go 50/50 Sassy. One with chocolate up, the next with it down.

That doesn't help, what should I end on?  chocolate up or down?

I've had this argument over and over with people, those who argue chocolate should hit the tongue first to taste it properly vs balancing the taste of chocolate with the lesser taste of the biscuit base.

It's not simple this eating a choccie bickie.

Just in case this idea hadn't yet landed on you Sassy, may I suggest a rigorous regimen of testing. I figure something along 12 to perhaps 24 months of constant non-stop chocolate consumption .. in the name of science and all that.

Of course, we'll need to find funding to support the study and its attendant costs, but I'm sure a philanthropic entity can be located that is willing to put money into such a study.

Would you happen to know anyone willing to volunteer as test subjects? You know .. so we can determine for good just which end IS up.

Sassy Romano wrote:

CheriColette wrote:

....just go 50/50 Sassy. One with chocolate up, the next with it down.

That doesn't help, what should I end on?  chocolate up or down?

I've had this argument over and over with people, those who argue chocolate should hit the tongue first to taste it properly vs balancing the taste of chocolate with the lesser taste of the biscuit base.

It's not simple this eating a choccie bickie.

The answer is obvious. Eat two at a time. Best of all worlds.

***Call me Sir Baritic

• 11 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2720 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.