Sword holding script

Wolf Rizooto

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4134 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

Please excuse this post if it's in the wrong place, I am new to the forum and was not quite sure where to begin.

I just purchased this outfit:  Blood Iron and noticed that it had a nice sword on the back.  I was wondering if it was possible to integrade the sword into my AO somehow where my character could hold it and re-sheath it with a command or something.   I found a freebie at one point with a gun blade that I could take out and put back on the av's back,  I'd like to do the same but with this sword.  I don't want to fight with it, just hold it while the AO is moving around standing.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance for the help!

The issue I think is that you normally need two blades to simulate wearing a sheathed blade and drawing it. It looks like the outfit is 'no copy/mod/transfer'. Which means you have only one blade. Maybe check with the creator to see if you can get a 2nd blade or maybe a 'copy/mod/no transfer' version. Otherwise you'd have to use a different blade.

I wouldn't try to change anything in your AO. You can just put your scripts into the swords. As far as scripts go, I'd look inworld for an existing scripted sheath/unsheath like that freebie you have.

Things you'd need:

1 sword for the hand

1 script for hand sword to make it invisible/visible

1 animation for drawing sword

1 animation for sheathing sword

1 sheathed sword for back

1 script for back sword to make iinvisible/visible, animate avatar, and tell other sword to be visible/invisible.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4134 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.