Sun Position

Janita39

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3062 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Janita39 wrote:

Hi, I was just wondering if you can change the Sun Position to midday, so where ever you go it will be midday, and not night or something else?

In order to maintain your own chosen windlight setting, rather than having your viewer change it according to region, you must do the following:

Enable the Advanced menu (Ctrl+Alt+D), pull up the Debug Menu (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S), type in "UseEnvironmentFromRegionAlways" and mark it False.  Then set it to what you want and it'll stay that way.

...Dres

Had to smile at the long explaination which I assume is for the official Linden viewer.

If you are in Firestorm you simply open up the Quickpreferences tab and make sure there isn't a checkbox in "Use Region Windlight". 

I have used region Windlight in five years at least :D.

Funny.

I assume you meant haven't.  And no, the long explanation was not meant specifically for the official viewer... it was meant for any viewer.  I never assume people are using Firestorm when advising them on settings, unless it's a function which can only be done with Firestorm and the like.

Sure, I could ask which viewer they're using first, but I consider that to be a waste of time when the task they wish to complete is available to all viewers via the Debug Menu.  In this case, the option in Firestorm you mentioned is simply a shortcut for the Debug Menu setting to which I directed the OP.

That plus, I tend to be rather wordy at times. :matte-motes-grin:

...Dres

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3062 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.