Stuck in SIM

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4321 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I seem to be stuck in a SIM  - I cant teleport  or  Instant message out of the SIM

I can't  make purchases on the markeplace

Every location on the map shows invalid

Seems I am a prisoner lol

Friends can TP in and chat but cant give me any land marks or anything

Help!

Thanks - I tried and get - Login failed - Unable to connect to a simulator  - tried many

Could it be posible that I am restricted to the SIM? Even if restricted I would assume I could get items from others - not sure

Like I said all other SIMs on the map show as invalid location

Hello, kalyn

I see  by your name and rezzdate that you've recently created this account via an educational establishment or library or other organisation.  It may be that you are 'trapped' on that particular sim, because you haven't completed their orientation process yet. 

Have a look around the sim you are trapped on, see if there is something that offers you any more information, or go back to the website from which you obtained your Last Name.

on some of them you cant leave no matter how old you are. student or teacher. is a school rule. the accounts are school only. if students or faculty wants to go to SL proper then have to make a non-school account

the schools that do that way do bc they not want anyone on their adminned accounts to maybe do stuff other places that they shouldnt. that include teachers who maybe want to explore their more adventurous side. they can do that if they want. just not on a known school account

is bad for the school to have any of their named accounts get snapshotted in a compromising position. parents of students get really upset at the school when that happens

If this happens on the mainland, ask a friend (or use an alt) to get the land owner's name. Then ask the land owner to do a sim restart. Your avatar is ghosting.

This used to come up a lot in the old forums. Some will come in and say there is no such thing. But it's happened on my own land enough times, and that's the cure.

I haven't been able to contact kalyn Lyric in world; their profile will not fully appear for me, which suggests something more than ghosting is going on.  I think (and I wanted to check this out really by speaking with kalyn in world) that they've registered their avatar through one of the third party websites that still allows avatars with last names to be created (they're only days old in SL). 

They're logged in to one sim, they say in their OP, and unable to escape from it, although can communicate with others in world to a degree - not fully though.  Again, suggests they're on a sim connected with the way they have registered their account.  Restarting the sim not going to be appropriate.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4321 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.