Someone is "following" me. How do I stop it?

Eric Castanea

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4565 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It's a new "feature", similiar to Twitter following. When you view someone's profile, you now get the option to "follow" them/their profile for updates. We also now have Facebook type walls.I don't care for either of these, but it seems to be a trend. Someone here will know how or if you can disable it, most likely in privacy settings.

You have been given the answer to stop that:

• If the person has their Feed privacy set to FRIENDS/NOBODY, you will not receive any Feed messages from them regardless as to whether you follow them (unless they accept you as a Friend where FRIENDS is concerned)
  • The same applies to your own Feed – if you set your Feed privacy to FRIENDS/NOBODY, people will be restricted in their ability to receive your feed messages.

Choose "nobody" in your privacy settings. We are just residents like you here, we are not LL. Only YOU can modify your settings.

You probably didn't see all the announcements of this major new functionality because ... LL didn't make any.  There was a mention on their blog but it didn't say much.  For a start it didn't say anything about what it was for, how you could use it or how you could turn it off.  Ironic. isn't it, that the more LL talks about sharing, social-media and communications the less it uses its own tools to talk to customers.  Please follow them on twit-face if you want to talk about SL.

From the link LoveAngel gave, "one of the most requested features users have asked to see is the inclusion of a Twitter-like FOLLOW capability".  I have no idea which 'users' (I thought we were residents) this might be or how they ranked this as 'one of the most' requested features.  The residents who commented on web-profiles in the forums here (count back since they were introduced) most requested "get rid of these awful, big, slow, empty things", "stop treating us like facebook" and "make them work".

Note that not only can't LL keep the link Qwal gave current but the information on it is wrong anyway.  When you log in to my.secondlife.com your profile is NOT displayed - the SLUMS 'home' is.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4565 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.