Sociological Study of Second Life - Participants Needed.

Persona1993

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2623 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello Second Life

I recently posted here in regards to finding participants for a sociological study focusing on the relationship between the Second Life avatar and their offline identity. I am looking for Second Life citizens who are willing to participate in two interviews. The first interview will be a fully typed interview on Second Life, with 5 questions focusing on your approach to avatar creation. The second interview will be conducted at shortly after, using voice chat. These questions will focus more on yourself outside of Second Life, and your relationship with the site itself. I anticipate that these interviews will take less than 20 minutes to complete.

The study is for the completion of a Masters of research in sociology. Participants will be given 1250 Linden Dollars (equivalent of £5) for their time, which will be payed directly to your avatar after the second interview is completed. I must stress that participants will remain anonymous and the study will not include any of your details including; avatar imagery, username, e-mail address or offline signifiers.

Any help in finding people willing to help would be greatly appreciated. If you know of any groups/ places which would be likely to participate please let me know. If you are interested, please PM me.

Thankyou.

Persona1993 wrote: 

The study is for the completion of a Masters of research in sociology. Participants will be given 1250 Linden Dollars (equivalent of £5) for their time, which will be payed directly to your avatar after the second interview is completed. I must stress that participants will remain anonymous and the study will not include any of your details including; avatar imagery, username, e-mail address or offline signifiers.

Any help in finding people willing to help would be greatly appreciated. If you know of any groups/ places which would be likely to participate please let me know. If you are interested, please PM me.    Thankyou.

Ah, a student who is wise enough to understand human nature, while pursuing more knowledge.  Excellent!  

(people like to be paid! ; )   

I'd be happy to be interviewed.  Do you want the PM here on the forum or inworld?   It would be to your benefit to specify (I shall do both though) 

I've seen my relationship with my avatar change over the years, including today while I was working on the face of my new building alt, who has turned into my 'reminding myself how to play again' project. :matte-motes-smile: Would be happy to talk about this with you and do my best to answer your questions.

SL isn't a site, btw. It's a complex, chaotic, malfunctioning, crazy-making, multi-faceted, amazing world, and something slightly different to every one of us that uses it. That's the kind of thing you need to understand if you're going to represent it accurately in your study. Good luck. :matte-motes-smile:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2623 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.