Slink confusion?

XOAmoraXO

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3044 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Wasn't exactly sure where to put this but...

I don't understand one of the features on the slink HUD. I know how to save and turn off body parts when there clipping and all that but when your wearing a outfit with a applier and want to switch to another outfit with a applier on the old applier is still on? So now I have all these applier HUDs saved onto my screen for each outfit and every time  I need to change for a event (some at the same place Im at) I have to tp away so when I click the new outfit I can manually apply each applier (mesh parts and such auto change as usal it's just the applier parts that don't)

I did try I'ming the Slink creator and they were very prompt with them message but it seemed like they thought I was having trouble with the toggle on off save body thing when I wasnt not. And when I brought up the appliers they were talking about using more then one on the same outfit so I think I confused the and they missed it completely I didnt not want to keep bugging and thought maybe someone here could dub it down for me please?

It's getting hard to play with applier HUD's covering my screen and having to tp away and reapply for every diff outfit that has a applier lol

I don't have a Slink body, but it sounds as if your issue is pretty standard no matter which mesh body you might use.  The trick is to make a copy of your mesh body for each outfit you put together.  That way, when you go to wear an outfit, which you'll have saved, you'll automatically wear the version of that body with the appropriate clothing already applied to it.  Then you won't have to mess with appliers each and every time you change.

...Dres

Ok thank you for the reply. I hoped I assumed right by what you meant when you said copy it and all. (like when you change a hud and copy it and put that hud in a new folder preserving the original and having multiple different ones stemming from that one?) If not I'm sorry if I miss interpreted it >.< the mesh body's are all very new to me.

Dreds is right.

Make a copy of the Slink for each different file you plan to wear (clothes, make-up, gloves, whatever), make the adjustments and save in the new file. So each time you load up that file, the correct settings will follow. I do that with my Slink accessories and have no problems and the original file is safe (in case I screw up and have to start over).

XOAmoraXO wrote:

Ok thank you for the reply. I hoped I assumed right by what you meant when you said copy it and all. (like when you change a hud and copy it and put that hud in a new folder preserving the original and having multiple different ones stemming from that one?) If not I'm sorry if I miss interpreted it >.< the mesh body's are all very new to me.

You don't copy the HUD, you make copies of the body. Every time you set up a new outfit, you make a fresh copy of the Slink body, wear it, add all the HUDs you need, apply clothing, remove all HUDs and save as a new outfit.

Christhiana wrote:

The only drawback to saving the body with the outfit is that when the body gets an update, you'll have to update all the copies you have stored with your outfits as well.

Don't I know it.  I have an update that's been sitting in my inventory for weeks now, waiting for me to get around to doing that.  Talk about a pita.

...Dres

Christhiana wrote:

The only drawback to saving the body with the outfit is that when the body gets an update, you'll have to update all the copies you have stored with your outfits as well.

I never have that problem. An update is simply a good excuse to replace all those tired old outfits with brand new ones! ^_^

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3044 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.