Second Life's Twelfth Birthday Sims

Rufferto

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3217 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just wanted to say how amazed I was by the displays at the sims devoted to the Birthday Party. Even though I went back numerous times I wasn't able to see it all, and at my last visit things were going dark and it looked as if they were dismantling everything. Very sad. Wish I had had more time, or the party had lasted longer.

I'm wondering if anyone has thought of saving some of the most interesting structures the way that some cities in real life have kept remnants of former World's Fairs?  

The official celebration (performances, events, etc.) ends today (June 28th) but the regions will be open for viewing through July 4th. Tear-down begins after that (July 6 - 8).

The structures/displays in the exhibitor parcels are owned by the people who set them up. I haven't heard of any group asking for copies to create a museum of former SL birthday celebrations.

Rufferto wrote:

I just wanted to say how amazed I was by the displays at the sims devoted to the Birthday Party. Even though I went back numerous times I wasn't able to see it all, and at my last visit things were going dark and it looked as if they were dismantling everything. Very sad. Wish I had had more time, or the party had lasted longer.

I'm wondering if anyone has thought of saving some of the most interesting structures the way that some cities in real life have kept remnants of former World's Fairs?  

I hope you took a note of the creators of the things you found to be the most interesting structures.  You may well find you can extend your enjoyment of them by visiting places associated with them. Indeed, some of the creators are sim owners and have lots of wonderful exhibits throughout the year.

And I hope you took plenty of photographs (and videos if you have the software).  I look back at the first time I went to a Burning Life exhibition in Second Life, and fortunately took a fair few photos and a couple of videos, which I often look at with great fondness.

SL13B will be even better and brighter than this one (if that's possible). Pencil it in your diary already.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3217 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.