Second Life needs an upgrade

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3839 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

OK, I'm spinning.
                              What did I just replace?

20f6iqv.gif

just askin'
                cuz jobs are hard to find in this economy.

Yo!, KM - Mind your own business!

contemporary-ottomans-and-cubes.jpg

We're doing just fine if you please...

Maybe...

Terms of Service
                              Press the coin to accept
                          without actually reading them.
              They will be paraphrased for you in a video.

Note: Those who don;t understand 
                         Aussie may have a small issue.

To the OP.

Shoving the text of the TOS into the grey text box is the easiest of thing for a website to do. The script that makes sure it is all received in order to allow the activation of the [ Accept ] button is more complicated. Having a good internet connection certainly helps.

You obviously are one of those people that think Linden Lab is a charity and should provide Second Life for free.  LL is a for profit business and operates as such because they have an obligation to their investors.  If they didn't charger user fees in a variety of ways someone would have to provide income in another way.  Would you rather have your SL interrupted by RL commercials or see RL commercial billboards all over SL?

Phil Deakins wrote:

Billboards are easy to ignore. Can we have those instead of premium fees, please?
:)

if you sign here to agree that you will get a full screen popup containing commercial messages that you can't click away for 5 seconds, every 5 minutes.

Phil Deakins wrote:

I was thinking more of billboards at the side of roads and such, but I's be more than happy with a full screen ad for 5 seconds during login and logout instead of having to pay the premium fee 

BURMA_SHAVE.gif

These were so fun oi read as a passenger in my daddy's car.

The meaning of many was lost on me at the age of 7.

Phil Deakins wrote:

I was thinking more of billboards at the side of roads and such, but I's be more than happy with a full screen ad for 5 seconds during login and logout instead of having to pay the premium fee 

Not just during login and logout, but for the duration of the time you're logged in. Think of television commercials every 5 seconds on a television you can't switch to another channel.

Would you still like it better than paying $7.50 a month for an ad-free environment?

Dear Chocolate Bar,

The purpose of my 2 posts was to point out the irony of the suggestion in a polite way.

The whole point of encouraging a member read the changes in the Terms of Service is to give Linden Lab an opportunity to avoid prima facie legal issues. You have to accept the Terms of Service to continue to use the services.

What better time to do this then at Login time. Thus the TOS needs to be delivered to your PC per current legal thinking to satisfy the legal notion of "Informed Consent". Of course you don't have to read them but you accept them "as delivered" and are governed by them when you press that [ ACCEPT ] button.

So there is no way to avoid the upload of the TOS to your PC at login time when Linden Lab needs to cover itself.

Phil Deakins wrote:

Obviously that is because you, due to you memory issues, will forget about what you saw in 5 seconds. For other people this does not work that way.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3839 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.