Second Life College?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2892 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I see there is a few rp Second Life High Schools out there but what if there was a Second Life College where you actually have builder teachers and scripting teachers etc....would anyone be interested in that? Ofcourse there would have to be a small fee to pay the teachers but I think it would be a good idea right?

You're always welcome to try something like that and I'm all for charging fees for this hard job that should be customized more than in its.

But there are already a number of very old groups offering these classes for free -- Builders' Brewery, Oxford sim in Caledon, various newbie helping groups.

So that would be your competition.

Always discouraging new people, right Alwin?

Sure, there are, but they are filled with biased and sometimes nasty oldbies with ideas about how things should be done.

I could see a real advantage for a college that gave customized courses in what people actually need for their businesses instead of all the hippy theory of the open source cult that comes with the free courses.

Prokofy Neva wrote:

Sure, there are, but they are filled with biased and sometimes nasty oldbies with ideas about how things should be done.

I could see a real advantage for a college that gave customized courses in what people actually need for their businesses instead of all the hippy theory of the open source cult that comes with the free courses.

? Business?

The OP asked about building and scripting. Both of those are part of the curriculum with NCI, Builder's Brewery, The Ivory Tower of Primitives, and more. Have been for years and bless all of them for their contribution. No bias of note, yes oldbies (duh), no nasty.

Christian, from your post I get the impression you are asking because you are yourself capable of instructing and are not wanting to be a student.. Either way, I"m sure if you contact any of the organizations I mention they will be happy to oblige.

Prokofy Neva wrote:

..but they are filled with biased and sometimes nasty oldbies

where do i discourage?... part of the OP is if it's around, and only said it is.

Think you fit pretty well in the second line...

Stand by for Alwin to be shocked.

I agree with Alwin entirely, he's not one of the usual "Soapbox Spammers" - his answers are usually pretty much spot on.

People seem to forget, you can offer help, without spouting an opinion that only gets you added to a person's ignore list.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2892 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.