Sansar- currency?

TeaSugarCream

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3020 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Can anyone please give me information on whether or not the Lindens we have in SL will be able to be used or somehow converted to Sansar currency? I'm searching for the information and I can't see it. I realize nothing in our inventories is going to be transferrable. But there needs to be a way to convert funds or else use the lindens on the Sansar Project.

Any information?

tea~

TeaSugarCream wrote:

Can anyone please give me information on whether or not the Lindens we have in SL will be able to be used or somehow converted to Sansar currency? I'm searching for the information and I can't see it. I realize nothing in our inventories is going to be transferrable. But there needs to be a way to convert funds or else use the lindens on the Sansar Project.

Any information?

tea~

Please see Ebbe Linden's response to a similar question in the Ask the CEO thread.  The answer seems to be that the linden dollar will remain the currency and you'll be able to move it back and forth.  That answer is two months old, however, and things may have changed.

Apart from that they said both L$ as account identity/names will be transferable,  it´s still Linden Lab that´s the owner of Sansar, I don´t see much reason for them to change the currency or it´s name. If it was called Second Life $, sure, but it´s called Linden $, so all´s good.

Some of this is covered in the TOS.  Read sections 4.5 and 4.6 for the details.

The simple language version:  L$ are not money.  They are " a limited license permission to use" Linden Lab products.  Currently SL is the only product so we often think if L$ as SL currency, but they are closer to a point system.  You should be able to earn points or use points in either SL or Sansar (or any othere game/world/proigram LL decides to create) and they all go to one single account.  Your LL account.

• 3 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3020 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.