Sansar Mention in Variety...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3190 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Do you remember when LL had a lot of companies making sims in SL? Adidas had their ridiculously primmy shoe. Nissan had a nice flying car. It sounds like Sansar is catering to these companies/institutions where they can build a VR enabled world that can link back to their own website. It sounds like there might be controls built in to moderate the experience, eg. not allowing teleports to other sims, PG-only avatars, and such.

I don't think Sansar is going to be catering to real-world companies or schools completely. I think we're still going to see SL clothing stores, and clubs, and homes and everything else. It's just not that obvious in an article placed in an entertainment industry magazine.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Derek Torvalar wrote:

I think you should have posted to the thread where it was first mentioned.

Or at a minimum credit and thank the source.

OKies, I subscribe to the Internet version of Variety. I thought I referenced the source [Variety]. If someone else posted this article link before me in the forums as well I'm unaware of it. I generally live in SL Answers and the General Discussion Forum. I usually don't cross-forum post.

So would someone like to put the link to the earlier discussion on this particular topic in this thread?

Mea Culpa for not reading all the forums in the Community.

P.S. A search on the keyword Variety does not turn up this reference. A search for "Sansar" turns up an old GD Forum Project Sansar thread with 4 posts in it and many references to it in other posts.

I've seen Project Sansar mentioned in a lot of posts for weeks on end. Are we getting to the point that not continuing a dead thread is considered poor form? If so then you people need a life.

AlecDeBoeuil wrote:

Would you like me to cut and paste the original link, KM?

Alec - to give answers in the right places

Oh please do.... It's good practice for you should you ever decide to help others in the SL Answers side of the Forums.

I don't quite understand all the fuss here about citing an earlier citation but then "I'm no librarian," as a Republican candidate might put it.

In any case, to link another thread with some relevant discussion, I posted a reference to the Variety piece in Perrie's thread "My Opinion About the Next Generation Platform."

Ideally, I'd wish to link to the SLU post that brought it to my attention, but that's verboten here, so instead there's Inara Pey's superbly reference-complete blog post today summarizing a raft of recent Sansar information, as well as Ciaran Laval's Thursday blog post about the Variety piece and his Wednesday post citing a related article on MMORPG.

(You might think I'm obsessed with Sansar. In fact, I think it's very likely a colossal squandering of opportunity cost, rivalled in SL history only by the stupendous calendar sink of Viewer 2 development. But I still hope I'm wrong.)

Qie Niangao wrote:

I don't quite understand all the fuss here about citing an earlier citation but then "I'm no librarian," as a Republican candidate might put it.

In any case, to link another thread with some relevant discussion, I
in Perrie's thread "My Opinion About the Next Generation Platform."

Ideally, I'd wish to link to the SLU post that brought it to my attention, but that's verboten here, so instead there's
summarizing a raft of recent Sansar information, as well as 
about the Variety piece and
 citing

(You might think I'm obsessed with Sansar. In fact, I think it's very likely a colossal squandering of opportunity cost, rivalled in SL history only by the stupendous calendar sink of Viewer 2 development. But I still hope I'm wrong.)

Thank you Qie! I'm catching up on your posts and linked articles & threads.

OMG - We both thought the same thing... We both said "of all Places" in regards to the article, although your use of the phrase in the opening sentence is better than mine. - Jinx! [Oh shucks, you posted before me so you win! ] No wonder the post-lashing a few folks decided to give me. Sheese!

I agree with your assessment of the article as well.

I too hope Sansar when delivered in 2016 will be a wondrously joyful experience versus a long learning curve experiment in patience.

KarenMichelle Lane wrote:

Qie Niangao wrote:

In any case, to link another thread with some relevant discussion, I
in Perrie's thread "My Opinion About the Next Generation Platform."

Ideally, I'd wish to link to the SLU post that brought it to my attention, but that's verboten here, so instead there's
summarizing a raft of recent Sansar information, as well as 
about the Variety piece and
 citing

Thank you Qie! I'm catching up on your posts and linked articles & threads.

OMG - We both thought the same thing... We both said "of all Places" in regards to the article, although your use of the phrase in the opening sentence is better than mine. - Jinx! [Oh shucks, you posted before me so you win! ] No wonder the post-lashing a few folks decided to give me. Sheese!

I agree with your assessment of the article as well.

I too hope Sansar when delivered in 2016 will be a wondrously joyful experience versus a long learning curve experiment in patience.

Two things: firstly, Job would be drivien to self-evisceration regarding the length and steepness of the learning curve, secondly, "wondrously joyful", will anything served over the internet ever be wondrously joyful?

Don't hold your breath in either case.

Oh please do.... It's good practice for you should you ever decide to help others in the SL Answers side of the Forums.

I m disqualified from doing so; I have balls.

Alec - seeing the girls competing with each other in Answers; like bikini mud wrestling without the mud

AlecDeBoeuil wrote:

Alec - seeing the girls competing with each other in Answers; like bikini mud wrestling without the mud

How in god's name do you tolerate the cacophonous cataskeuastic caterwauling?

Derek Torvalar wrote:

AlecDeBoeuil wrote:

How in god's name do you tolerate the cacophonous cataskeuastic caterwauling?

I turn the sound off

Alec - partial sensory deprivation

Bree Giffen wrote:

Do you remember when LL had a lot of companies making sims in SL? Adidas had their ridiculously primmy shoe. Nissan had a nice flying car. It sounds like Sansar is catering to these companies/institutions where they can build a VR enabled world that can link back to their own website. It sounds like there might be controls built in to moderate the experience, eg. not allowing teleports to other sims, PG-only avatars, and such.

It's often blamed on the limited number of residents that can visit a sim that these RL brands did not have many succes in SL. But think that was not the problem, the limited fantasy of the marketeers behind these brands about the presence in a virtual world was the bottleneck. When they don't use the possibilities of virtual reality, they don't know how to impress us and the main aim is to link back to their own website, they are going to fail in Sansar as well.

Seriously? Early 2016, and they are just getting creators in, and don't have even a working concept of the main avatar? Prepare to be seriously dissappointed.

Granted, I have not seen even a real screen shot of the place, but from what we are hearing from Edde, there is no way in hell they will be ready for beta testing in early 2016. They don't even know what they are going to do with some of the main parts, like the default avatar. A proper avatar for the new world will take months to create and implement. The avatar is so central to everything, and they haven't even started on it yet. How can they even have a tentative beta date when they haven't addressed the avatar yet? 1 problem with the avatar could set the whole thing back months. If I were the CEO, I would not be promoting crap, or setting any dates until I knew the avatar was fully working and compatible with any program, which isn't that hard, if you go about it the right way. Again tho, LL hasn't even started.

Like I said, I haven't been in there yet, and all I can go on is what LL says. What they say tho, doesn't match up with these arbitrary dates.

Medhue Simoni wrote:

The avatar is so central to everything.

agree

the avatar is the central and whole point of a virtual world

basically if building a world then dont do it like God did in the Bible

+

like God made the world and he was pleased

and then he went hmm! is incomplete is my awesome. I know!!! I will make me a little guy who looks like me

so he did. A stumpy wonky little guy who didnt fit in the awesome world. So he made sex for him so he can be happy in his stumpy little wonky godlet body. I mean a lady for him

and he made a garden for the little guy and his girlfriend lady but not in the awesome world that he had made. A garden in a private island

then the little guy and the lady got wasted on apple juice and done the nawti

and God got miffed and chucked them out the garden into the world that wasnt made for them. I think God got miffed when he went: Adam wherefore art thou my faithful little crawler who knows that I am like totally ever everything of your reason for exist ?!??  and Adam muted him bc he was doing the nawti and he dont got any time for any pervy cammer

so miffed was God and out they went. The little guy and his gf. In their stumpy wonky little bodys

and they done it hard in the awesome world not made for them for ever more ever after

bc God said to the little guy and lady that he cant change the world just to suit their stumply little arms or anything really. bc if he change them then they will break his awesome world, and they just do the nawti in it anyways. So there !!

+

so now there is a new God to rule over us all

so far is 2 and 0

first there was Bible God. Who apparently is a Western God. For 1 and 0

and then there was Philip God. Who is a Eastern God. For 2 and 0

now there is Ebbe God. Who is a Northern God. Like a Viking

Can the Viking God of the North defeat the Gods of the West and East ??

will the Northern God make the man and the lady first, and then make Valhalla. Or the other way round and be defeated for 3 and 0

(:

irihapeti wrote:

Medhue Simoni wrote:

The avatar is so central to everything.

agree

the avatar is the central and whole point of a virtual world

basically if building a world then dont do it like God did in the Bible

+

like God made the world and he was pleased

and then he went hmm! is incomplete is my awesome. I know!!! I will make me a little guy who looks like me

so he did. A stumpy wonky little guy who didnt fit in the awesome world. So he made sex for him so he can be happy in his stumpy little wonky godlet body. I mean a lady for him

and he made a garden for the little guy and his girlfriend lady but not in the awesome world that he had made. A garden in a private island

then the little guy and the lady got wasted on apple juice and done the nawti

and God got miffed and chucked them out the garden into the world that wasnt made for them. I think God got miffed when he went: Adam wherefore art thou my faithful little crawler who knows that I am like totally ever everything of your reason for exist ?!??  and Adam muted him bc he was doing the nawti and he dont got any time for any pervy cammer

so miffed was God and out they went. The little guy and his gf. In their stumpy wonky little bodys

and they done it hard in the awesome world not made for them for ever more ever after

bc God said to the little guy and lady that he cant change the world just to suit their stumply little arms or anything really. bc if he change them then they will break his awesome world, and they just do the nawti in it anyways. So there !!

+

so now there is a new God to rule over us all

so far is 2 and 0

first there was Bible God. Who apparently is a Western God. For 1 and 0

and then there was Philip God. Who is a Eastern God. For 2 and 0

now there is Ebbe God. Who is a Northern God. Like a Viking

Can the Viking God of the North defeat the Gods of the West and East ??

will the Northern God make the man and the lady first, and then make Valhalla. Or the other way round and be defeated for 3 and 0

(:

Beautifully stated, irihappy.  But, you forgot to mention Blue Buddha...

...Dres

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3190 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.