SL security and scammer help pls

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3703 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there

Im contacting you to see if you could help or and make gamers aware of what could be a security problem on the game Second Life.

The game uses ingame currency that you purchase will real world currency.

I had an issue with a seller buying a kitten from them in the game. The kitten was priced at 3000 Lindens. I paid for the cat and had messages popping up taking more and more lindens it took a total of 15,000 Lindens that's the equivalent of around $60 USD. It should have taken 3000 Lindens

I had further messages popping up trying to take more lindens from my account but it could not do it as i had no lindens left. I contacted support they told me to logout and back in. When i did the message had stopped and no further lindens tried to get taken from my account.

The support had told me to contact the seller to see if i could get my lindens back. I did as they asked but thought that they should be sorting this problem out as it seemed like a system bug. After contacting the seller, the seller

tells me they did not get the extra lindens only the 3000 as the original purchase i made.

On contacting support again i asked if it was a system bug or has the SL system been breached by game hackers ? They could not answer my question properly and blame the seller for doing this. This sounds like they have had the security system breached by illegal hackers stealing our ingame currency. They take no blame it was a bug on there side and not willing to help me.

I feel like other players should be aware of this so they do not become targets and loose money too.

I know Rebekah in game we are really close friends and share the same hobby with cats.

This seems like 1 or the other....

The seller has either hacked SL and found a way to exploit taking money from peoples accounts through the sale of 1 item. Yet it tries to take mutiple times. 

Or

SL System glitched and a loop was caused somehow and the moeny was taken over and over and over.

She had messages popping up even though the account virtualy had no Lindens left on it trying to take another 3000L$.

Either way support is not helping her much and blames the seller as they are not taking any blame for this happening. If thats the case then SL is being attacked and we should be very wary or it might happen to us also.

here is the transactions as u know u cannot purchase 5 items at the same second in world

02/04/2014 11:01:39 8170bcdf Destination: SAME  Object Sale  Region: The ScratchN Post  Description: KittyCatS Box - New Born Kitten  L$3,000     L$2,556  
02/04/2014 11:01:39 33bc9acc Destination: SAME  Object Sale  Region: The ScratchN Post  Description: KittyCatS Box - New Born Kitten  L$3,000     L$5,556  
02/04/2014 11:01:39 e7629868 Destination: SAMEObject Sale  Region: The ScratchN Post  Description: KittyCatS Box - New Born Kitten  L$3,000     L$8,556  
02/04/2014 11:01:39 ede20d06 Destination: SAME  Object Sale  Region: The ScratchN Post  Description: KittyCatS Box - New Born Kitten  L$3,000     L$11,556  
02/04/2014 11:01:39 a0558712 Destination: SAME  Object Sale  Region: The ScratchN Post  Description: KittyCatS Box - New Born Kitten  L$3,000     L$14,556 
EDITIED to protect scammers identity

over 1000 but from that seller ONE, she denies everything says she was only paid 3k, I have every log just would prefer to keep some things private but here is her response after notecards and multiple IMS as u see she says its a linden bug and by my support logs lindens says nope she has the money no bugs

/02/04 10:57]  RebekahMarieLynne: heya i just bought a heartless from u and it paid like over and over again
[2014/02/04 10:57]  Second Life: User not online - message will be stored and delivered later.
[2014/02/05 14:27]  RebekahMarieLynne: hello i am still trying to resolve this issue it would be easier to do it with you not have to deal with the linden ppl.
[2014/02/05 14:27]  Second Life: User not online - message will be stored and delivered later.
[2014/02/05 15:18]  Inventory item offered
[2014/02/06 11:08]  RazorJayd: I didn't get any extra lindens though I only got the 3k for the heartless :/
[2014/02/06 11:11]  Razor: all i have is 5,148 lindens i didnt get any extra
[2014/02/06 11:12]  Razor: thats the 3k plus what i already had
[2014/02/06 11:12]  Razor: thats why i didnt reply because i didnt understand
[2014/02/06 11:15]  Razor: this is something you should take up with linden labs because its some sort of glitch in the system i've never scammed anyone
[2014/02/06 11:20]  Razor: linden labs should refund you because it was some kind of error in the paying system im very sorry this happened but dont worry i've had a similar issue and they refunded me
[2014/02/07 00:57]  RebekahMarieLynne: linden has already confirmed u have the lindens, so thats fine play this game
[2014/02/07 00:57]  Second Life: User not online - message will be stored and delivered later.
-- End of Log --

here is the notecard sent:

XYZ,
As i am sure you have seen your linden balance jump so high, it was me that paid the price. i have tried to IM you several times and no response. I bought ONE heartless cat from you, as you know you had two for sale based on the spam you sent thru the scratch group. Yet the system sold the item over n over n over until all my Ls were gone. So we both know you owe me 12K ls. you were paid 15 from me and the cat was bought for 3. It has been 2 days now you have 24 hours to refund me.
Rebekahmarielynne

The bug might be in the SO or viewr ( maybe you suffered from the famous double click!, .I had to  change the mouse for this cause). However i think the seller got all money.. I recently with singularity had an uinexpected double click, but it was with a alter of mine and i got the money twice.

RebekahMarieLynne wrote:

here is the transactions as u know u cannot purchase 5 items at the same second in world
02/04/2014
11:01:39
8170bcdf
Destination:

SAME

Object Sale 
Region: The ScratchN Post 
Description: KittyCatS Box - New Born Kitten 
L$3,000  

L$2,556  
02/04/2014
33bc9acc
Destination:
 SAME

Object Sale 
L$3,000  

L$5,556  
02/04/2014
e7629868
Destination:

SAME
Object Sale 
L$3,000  

L$8,556  
02/04/2014
ede20d06
Destination:

SAME

Object Sale 
L$3,000  

L$11,556  
02/04/2014
a0558712
Destination:

SAME

Object Sale 
L$3,000  

L$14,556

EDITIED to protect scammers identity

Okay, that says that you attempted to buy an object with a right-click and "Buy" instead of a right-click and "Pay." This means that the purchase directly used the LL code instead of being from a scripted vendor and therefore there's no way I can see for someone to scam you. I also know kittens boxes are no-copy - these multiple withdraws must have been a system glitch because a multiple click wouldn't have allowed the transaction to take place more than once. I doubt that the vendor would have been paid more than once under the circumstances.

Did you call/chat with Support or take out a ticket? I"d strongly recommend your taking out a ticket instead of calling, to reduce the chances of having the person who answers the call being an idiot. Take out a ticket and explain that 1) You were using right-click and "Buy" and 2) The object was no copy. Do not be melodramatic; do not suggest scams or hacking because it's almost certainly neither of these.

RebekahMarieLynne wrote:

I love when ppl reply without reading the post, did I contact support yes repeatedly.

if its an SL glitch why does linden keep saying contact the seller contact the seller.

I know you contacted support, what I was asking was whether you 1) called support or 2) took out a ticket. (I ALSO love it when people reply without reading the post). If you call or contact chat you're likely not going to get to talk to someone who has the time or knowledge to answer properly which is why I recommended taking out a support ticket:  https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/ 

They probably told you to contact support because they didn't understand that you weren't using a scripted vendor and were buying a no-copy item. Which is why I told you to tell them that. See how that works?

I was told In live chat and I guess on some ticket which I cant locate but they keep telling me in there "my issue was escalated reviewed by managers and closed as it is not an sl issue it is a buyer / seller dispute that they don't get involved in" I repeatedly said the seller says they don't have the linden its not a buyer seller dispute, they said contact the seller, there is no glitch no bug contact the seller. I am asking for anyway possible t better explain o linden to make them listen to me that either there IS a bug, or the system is compromised. linden sees what I cant, they last ended with referring me to legal.

It is quite possible that it IS a system glitch, but that the seller also got paid multiple times and should pay you back.

It is also possible it IS a system glitch, and the seller did not get paid, but the money did get taken.

- I've seen both of these occur before, but never in repetition like that.

But in the first case, it is STILL possible the seller does not know to check their own transaction log, and has now been put on the 'defensive' and rather than take the logical step of checking that log is merely 'defending' against being called a thief...

- one reason to never use hostile language if you want a resolution is it only gives you a fight. If you WANT a fight, then accuse away. But if you want a resolution, you need to be more even toned.

Support has essentially told you that she got the money since they are telling you to contact the seller.  Send a copy of your transaction history to the seller as proof they were paid and ask POLITELY for a refund without accusations, as you should have done in the first place.  Tell them you filed a ticket and were directed to contact her for the refund.  If you are reasonable you may have a chance of getting your money back.

Something like this happened to me back in 2007 (or 2008). A custommer paid me in advance for a thing (not important what it was). The next day, she called me saying that changed her mind and asking for the um she had paid.

I R-clicked her and paid the amount in question. Instantly received multiple notices "you paid avatar XXX 3,000 L$"

It stopped only when I haven't enough funds to continue to pay her.

Fortunately, she was honestm and, after we both relogged, she returned the amount she received.

I never discovered what happened, but since then, I maintain an alt with the gross money, and my main avatar (this avatar) only maintain a limited amount of Linden$

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3703 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.