SL full of kind people !

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3212 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Good morning or evening everybody !

it's just my experience in SL,all the persones i met or i talked to where nice and kind ,i never faced or encountered any problemes with them, they are respectful and modest,they answered my IMs when i started the first conversation,no one ingnored me until now,it's just strange or maybe normal.
But the question is,it's just me who is lucky and always fall on the kind persons or the majority of SL players are like that ?

Peace !

I'm glad you had a good experience :-)

By and large SL is a lot like RL.....generally you meet people who are OK.  Occasionally you encounter someone who probably spends a lot of time polishing their social skills by hiding in their basement - but the Mute feature does wonders for them ....

Nostoll wrote: [...] But the question is,it's just me who is lucky and always fall on the kind persons or the majority of SL players are like that ? [...]

Most newcomers (or otherwise veterans re-engaging in socializing after a long hiatus) offer a rather more negative first impression than you; however, it’s also common to “complain only when things go wrong” (*), so no, you probably haven’t been particularly lucky. Judging from what I can see in public chat at newcomers’s places, usually they’re treated properly as long as they don’t do anything that raises red flags. Some enter like bulls in a china shop, bumping people carelessly and generally trying to “get ahead of the game” without even trying to figure out first how it works at all. And, unfortunately, some show no more than the normal innocent clumsiness and yet get chastised and mocked by veterans who seemingly forget that they too were once exactly like that, if not worse.

(*ETA: Come to think of it, the very fact that you took the time to share with us about your good impressions may be indicative of a constructive, positive personality... which, in and on itself, tends to make people react more positively to you. You wouldn’t believe how many are near-constantly bitchy and over-aggressive, and then seem to be not just aggravated, but actually honestly puzzled, that anyone talks to them like that).

Ren Toxx wrote:

Nostoll wrote: [...] But the question is,it's just me who is lucky and always fall on the kind persons or the majority of SL players are like that ? [...]

Most newcomers (or otherwise veterans re-engaging in socializing after a long hiatus) offer a rather more negative first impression than you; however, it’s also common to “complain only when things go wrong” (*), so no, you probably haven’t been particularly lucky. Judging from what I can see in public chat at newcomers’s places, usually they’re treated properly as long as they don’t do anything that raises red flags. Some enter like bulls in a china shop, bumping people carelessly and generally trying to “get ahead of the game” without even trying to figure out first how it works at all. And, unfortunately, some show no more than the normal innocent clumsiness and yet get chastised and mocked by veterans who seemingly forget that they too were once exactly like that, if not worse.

(*ETA: Come to think of it, the very fact that you took the time to share with us about your good impressions may be indicative of a constructive, positive personality... which, in and on itself, tends to make people react more positively to you. You wouldn’t believe how many are near-constantly bitchy and over-aggressive, and then seem to be not just aggravated, but actually honestly puzzled, that anyone talks to them like that).

Nice point of view,it makes things clear :)

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

I find most people nice in SL.  The person who 'ignored' you may have been AFK, btw., or had so many IM's going they failed to see you.  Don't take it personally.  This happens sometimes.

Yes that's true there is many reasons who can make someone not answer the IM :matte-motes-not-entertained:

Nostoll wrote:

But the question is,it's just me who is lucky and always fall on the kind persons or the majority of SL players are like that ?

I think we make our own "luck", as Ren suggests. Both SL and RL are full of people who're generally nice, and more so if you're nice to them. My grumpy neighbor always complains about the poor service she gets at local retailers. My experience is quite unlike hers. But, I also go out of my way to engage the people who work in the shops I frequent. It's fun to walk into my neighboorhood hardware store and yell "Kevin, where are you?". If he doesn't answer with "What did you break now, Maddy?", someone else might yell "He's hiding from you.".

So, are you lucky? I doubt it. You're just better at making "luck" than those who complain about not having any.

;-).

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Nostoll wrote:

I think we make our own "luck", as Ren suggests. Both SL and RL are full of people who're generally nice, and more so if you're nice to them. My grumpy neighbor always complains about the poor service she gets at local retailers. My experience is quite unlike hers. But, I also go out of my way to engage the people who work in the shops I frequent. It's fun to walk into my neighboorhood hardware store and yell "Kevin, where are you?". If he doesn't answer with "What did you break now, Maddy?", someone else might yell "He's hiding from you.".

So, are you lucky? I doubt it. You're just better at making "luck" than those who complain about not having any.

;-).

i totally agree with you, you reap what you sow ,that's it :smileyhappy:

Utter utter nonsense.

Just ask someone dying of terminal cancer about making your own luck.  Or children working 12 hours a day in Indian sweat shops.

I am betting you live in the USA?

An education beckons.  Seize it before it is too late.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3212 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.