SL factbook

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4384 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q: There are two artifacts in the toilet located in Governor Linden's Mansion.  What are they and who made them?

A: They are unflushed feces and they were created by Steller Sunshine (rez 13 Mar 2002!) -- Steller is also the first resident!

Q: When did SL become 'voice-enabled'?

A: Summer 2007. 

Q: What is the smoking object on Harry's Island in Mohrr's sim?

A: It is the smoking hulk of Harry 'Astrohog' Linden's spacecraft and he has not been seen since!

Claireschen Hesten wrote:

don't know how true this is but i read somewhere in an early version of SL you could set fire to the trees and i think Av's too lol

Pretty much, you could shoot trees and set them on fire... don't know about setting them on fire but you could actually edit other people's avatars.  There were birds and these little creatures that you could hunt and kill.  There was no "ownership" of land or things, anyone could build anywhere and edit anyone else's stuff.

Here's an interesting video from 2001 when it was still called Linden World...

...Dres

FACT: To restrict simulator usage in early days, residents were taxed weekly based upon the numbers of prims they rezzed inworld.  It was easy to get around by piling all objects into one's inventory on payment day and rezzing them again one day later.

FACT:  To teleport from one 'landing point' to another, residents paid telehubs for the service in 2003.

specificly the Cornfield is a reference to the Twilight Zone episode It's A Good Life  

"The adults tiptoe nervously around [Anthony], constantly telling him how everything he does is "good", since displeasing him can get them wished away into a mystical cornfield, from which there is no return. At one point, a dog is heard barking angrily. Anthony thinks the dog is "bad" and "doesn't like [him] at all," and wishes it into the cornfield. His father and mother are horrified, but they dare not show it.

Actually, how it worked as explained to me by Bacarra Rhodes who joined during the beta was that you actually got free land and where paid for your visitor count.  Not sure what the actually commitment for free memberships would be but I'd can check with her or Stroker to find out more.  I remember what it was like before prim attachments and also when Chip Midnight first introduced Photo Real Skins.

BTW, Stroker Serpentine made the fist pose ball and of course, it was a sex animation.

Q: The first Sim ever sold on E-Bay was also the highest every paid for a pre-built sim.  What was the sim and how much did it sell for?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4384 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.