SL Snapshot to E-mail Not Working

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3166 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For years I have emailed snapshots from Second Life directly to my Typepad blog, as Typepad can take an email from anywhere and post it.

But now in the last 3-4 days, this function is broken.

o Some posts never show up at all

o Some show up with no pictures, and text only

o There is no indication of any malfunction inside SL because the menu completes and says "sent."

Anyone else have this and is this yet another API type thing with a third-party where SL doesn't work now, like FB and YouTube? Why?

There is a long-standing JIRA related to the loss of in-world IMs to email. At the root of that issue appears to be the ever-growing constraints being added to anti-spam filters by various email service providers. It *may* be related, but only the IP Gods can know for sure.

Cuz LL is still attempting to resolve the issues raised on JIRA-8414

This isn't the loss of an inworld IM to email. That actually hasn't happen that I can see. I haven't had any complaints of it. If you link IMs to email they generally show up.

This is emails to a UUID on a third-party blogging site. Now, they may be identical functions and identical HTTP calls or whatever but I do note that one is working and the other isn't.

Understood. My suspicion (and those of many others also affected by the IM to Email losses) is that the electronic link between the email sending servers at SecondLife.com and LindenLab.com are being sporadically blocked by either the end-point receiving email servers or perhaps one or more "in the middle" somewhere.

Since both functions involve sending an email (either with an offline IM as content or as the carrier for a snapshot) and use the same basic email mechanism, I leapt to the theory that they may be interrelated. I could be wrong of course, but even with that possibility, I am still leaning toward something related.

Please do let us know if the issue self-resolves though. That is the usual resolution to such issues .. and it is nice to know when problems .. no longer are.

I never used this until just now, and it seems to have worked the very few times I've tested it, which of course doesn't tell us much. Could it be that TypePad is screening out image attachments above a certain resolution or file size? It seems the image dimensions default to that shown on-screen; that's adjustable so maybe you've always set it to something smaller and easy to load from the blog, in which case this is all irrelevant.

I don't know if that is the issue, because for the longest time, ever since they changed to pictures with proportions, I was stuck with a very tiny frame. I kept trying and trying to adjust this to 512 x 512 but even toggling to those numbers, it would stay cramped in a tiny frame.

Who knows why, but all of a sudden it started working with this latest patch. But then the email stopped working.

And I have had small and big photos not go. If it blocked the photos, you would think the post text would still go through as it did in some cases. But entire posts are gone. I've never had this on Typepad's end.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3166 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.