Rolling restart blues - LeTirge sims get messed up badly

Rhys Goode

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4220 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Odd things happened today when they reset the RC servers, especially(?) those running LeTigre.   I have two parcels, one had the building half disassembled, and the floor of the platform all sent to my lost and found.  Looked like a tornado had hit it.  The other had just one prim returned.  I have two friends who had their houses half destroyed, like mine.

LL, bless their hearts, claim to be on top of the situation:  "[UPDATE 12:40pm PDT 03 October 2012] We are aware of the issues with Object Returns on LeTigre regions and will be performing maintenance to correct the issue. Refrain from rezzing no copy objects on these regions. You can check the server version of the region you are on at Help > About Second Life. In the section that shows your location it will say Second Life RC LeTigre. Please monitor this blog for any new updates."

Good luck to all you folks with parcels on LeTigre!

It is going to take 2 restarts to restore sim states on the affected regions. First restart to roll back the code and second one to restore sim state. They have to do the second one (sim state) manually since there is no way to automate it... It will take the team a little bit to get to the thousand or so regions affected

It is a big mes. Lets hope they pulll it off lol

My region never came back up after the first borked restart.. So i am in limbo for several hours

Yea I hear ya. I am at this point my self. This land I have right now is on mainland and Le Tigre. .. I had my thumb up my arse and forgot to check what type of region before I purchased it lol . The darn thing never comes back up after a restart and no one wants to buy it LOL So I will probably eventually abandon it and find a more suitable situation on a main server channel.

When I owned my club. They put my private region on a RC channel when they first started the project... It wasn't long before I was on the phone asking to get my region off the RC LOL. They happily changed it to  main channel. Thank goodness LOL

Thanks for letting us know...I woke up to an email saying a pile of things had been returned to me.Fortunately it's only my alt's small store and not my main store...so I guess it could have been worse. Wished I'd checked whether the parcel was on a RC Channel when I bought it. You never know about these little issues until too late.

Oh but I guess I have a bigger problem.

I had a stable there on my land with about 50 amaretto horses.

When I saw that they all were returned to my inventory I searched another land...found a better one and put the horses there again.

Today my friend told me that he saw my horses back at the old place...and what now???

They are all duplicated.

Should I delete them all? I mean these who came back today???

I don´r know what to do, cause I don´t want to file 50 tickets now to amaretto.....ahhhhh:-/

I was wondering if this was going to result in folks having duplicate copies of no copy items.

But out of curiosity, aren't The Amorettos linked to their web site like Meroo's are?

That could be causing a data base nightmare for them.

I sure wouldn't file a ticket on all fifty.

Maybe a Nite Card to them asking WTF would be a better idea.

Durn, I can sure think of some no copy items I would have loved a second copy of.  ;)

Peony Sweetwater wrote:

Thanks for letting us know...I woke up to an email saying a pile of things had been returned to me.Fortunately it's only my alt's small store and not my main store...so I guess it could have been worse. Wished I'd checked whether the parcel was on a RC Channel when I bought it. You never know about these little issues until too late.

I have a suspicion that they like to maintain a certain number of RC's, so if someone requests a SIM be taken off of the RC, they may randomly assign another SIM to the RC. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4220 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.