Random question: Bad Boys or a Sharp Dressed Man?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3208 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sharply Dressed Man. And as for my favorite physical feature... It's a tossup between arms and upper back. And specifically about the arms: I don't dig the big bicep-body builder type, I'm more concerned about forearms and whether or not they are proportional to their hand and bicep. *shrugs*

Don't get me wrong, I don't look for a dude with big forearms. I just like proportional dudes. Hahah. Err... Maybe I've just played too much World of Warcraft. LOL

I have been watching classic movies lately.  Casa Blanca, Roman Holiday (which makes me cry every time) and the like.  I adore the smooth style and square chin and jaw line of the actors of that period.  I understand the bad boy mystique but they almost always come with a vibe that just screams crash and burn that puts me off.

Neither. Both are extremes and far too often donned only to affectate something they’re not. I’d go for a clean but otherwise unpretentious casual clothing.

ETA bonus answer: the mouth.

Rhonda Huntress wrote:

Which do you find more appealing?  Ink, piercings and wild hair or well groomed with crisp suit and new shoes?

Bonus points for telling us what you feel is the most attractive
physical
feature of your ideal man.

Definitly not the one with the tattoos and piercing, as all men that I have seen going for the "wild" style are either hipsters with a totally misproportionated body and a whiny face with squinted eyes or the rocker wanna-be dom type who wears just black leather but this leather is from 2009, quality-wise.

The one with the suit sounds more attractive to me, if that suit is high quality. But he should have more in his wardrobe than just that one suit or formal wear in general. Just like I dress differently for each occasion and place. And I like it when someone takes passion into creating a unique avatar. If he is an elf or from another non-human race, thats a plus.

Neither or both or whatever.... personality, a sense of humor and good brains are more important to me than looks or dress. A man with all that has his own style and doesn't have check in with me, the local MC or the fashionista set to see what he should wear and when.

I like a man who can decide for himself and dresses appropriately for the occasion whether that's taking me for a ride on his bike to a bar for a night rocking out, spending the day sailing, attending a business meeting or going to a fancy ballroom dressed to the nines.  Mine can and will do that without coaching.

I knew someone would come and not stick to the question and instead, make everyone else look bad by implying that we try to rule what our man would be wearing.  (Or that we are all shallow for not putting a disclaimer about character or personal qualities into our comments). :smileyindifferent:

Rhonda Huntress wrote:

I have been watching classic movies lately.  Casa Blanca, Roman Holiday (which makes me cry every time) and the like.  I adore the smooth style and square chin and jaw line of the actors of that period.  I understand the bad boy mystique but they almost always come with a vibe that just screams crash and burn that puts me off.

I've never understood the bad boy mystique, no matter how sharp they dress. I'm drawn to people who are curious because they make good exploration partners.

There are people who look great in still photographs but not in motion. Some people look better when moving. Some look good until they start talking, some look better. Some look better after you've spent an hour with them, some worse.

Attraction is a complex thing.

I think a certain level of mental and emotional maturity is a given.  We all need to be able to express ourselves.  All too often that expression is the kiss of death no matter how good a person looks.

After that; we want a well groomed man with a wardrobe he is comfortable in no matter what the style.  He also needs a sexy mouth, mischievious wink, classic chin and strong, proportional hands.

I think it most amusing that the majority of opinions being expressed here are by females who have publicly admitted that their taste in men, both real and virtual, has led to unsatisfactory and prematurely terminated relationships.

Alec - to listen to people who have got it wrong, and don't seem to learn by experience.

Syo Emerald wrote:

I knew someone would come and not stick to the question and instead, make everyone else look bad by implying that we try to rule what our man would be wearing.  (Or that we are all shallow for not putting a disclaimer about character or personal qualities into our comments). :smileyindifferent:

I did answer the question by choosing C instead of A or B because, as I said, my answer was neither or both.  I had no intention of implying that you or anyone rules how their men dress or is shallow for not putting in your disclaimer.  I never said or implied anything of the sort.    In a world like SL where someone can change their looks in a heartbeat, having to choose A or B isn't relevant.

I believe most women would like a man that takes the initiative when it comes to dress.  I have met many men in SL that either don't have a clue or just don't care and are content to wear the same jeans or black pants or whatever someone tells them is cool for months. 

If you want to take my comments personally as a reflection on you or any woman, you are totally misconstruing my post. 

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

Syo Emerald wrote:

I knew someone would come and not stick to the question and instead
, make everyone else look bad by implying that we try to rule what our man would be wearing.  (Or that we are all shallow for not putting a disclaimer about character or personal qualities into our comments). :smileyindifferent:

I did answer the question by choosing C instead of A or B because, as I said, my answer was neither or both.  I had no intention of implying that you or anyone rules how their men dress or is shallow for not putting in your disclaimer. 
I never said or implied anything of the sort.
    In a world like SL where someone can change their looks in a heartbeat, having to choose A or B isn't relevant.

I believe most women would like a man that takes the initiative when it comes to dress.  I have met many men in SL that either don't have a clue or just don't care and are content to wear the same jeans or black pants or whatever someone tells them is cool for months. 

If you want to take my comments personally as a reflection on you or any woman, you are totally misconstruing my post.

In a thread about men styles a cat fight breaks out . . .

/ROARS!

Rhonda Huntress wrote:

Which do you find more appealing?  Ink, piercings and wild hair or well groomed with crisp suit and new shoes?

Bonus points for telling us what you feel is the most attractive
physical
feature of your ideal man.

I lean towards "Quirky" men with the ability to mix and match and/or cross fashion lines effectively. "When in Rome" rules apply as well when the occasion calls for it. The dressy casual look kind of guy does it for me. No man should have the same number of piercings that I have [4] and if he does 2 of them better be earbuds.

As for the most attractive physical feature I'll take that waist to shoulder delta and everything that makes it work for a particular physique. Rawr....

P.S. A tight set of buns and deep green eyes works for me as well.

Edited: Oh BTW: A brain and knowledge of how to use it is required in all cases. Most advantageous skill - Simulating / Scintillating conversation.

Rhonda Huntress wrote:

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Physical feature? His wink.

ETA: This look'l do.

And if George
Clooney winked at me
I would die right there on the spot. ♥♥♥

And all these years you had us thinking you liked chicks with a footballer's thighs.  Clooney is a fail.  What did I miss?

PS  I also read you would die right on the spot if any man winked at you.  Clooney is still a fail. 

Edited for the laugh.

We're objectifying men?  Okay, I'll play along with my own personal likes and dislikes.  I would say men are just men - pretty much all the same, but there are some looks I am more attracted to based on the outside alone. (I'll just assume we are talking about human avs)

I tend to stay away from any wearing suits/tuxedos or anything tailored.  Metrosexual, over-groomed men may as well be female in my view.  I find nothing sexy in a clean cut man.  They are only good for conversation. :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

Medium length hair, stubble, jeans and tshirts are attractive and appear casual and comfortable.  A piercing or tattoo is no big deal. No one is trying too hard to be something they're not.  In my opinion comes across as confident in their own personality and easily approached. :matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:

Casual can be taken too far and become decidedly unsexy.  Full body tattoos, facial tattoos, weird patterns shaved into the head, overly studded or dirty clothes, too much leather, the need to carry weapons while not rp'ing (in SL?  Really?)  All turn-offs. Another subset only good for conversation :matte-motes-bored:

Cinn

That was fun.  What other looks can I insult today?

ETA George Clooney is as far from sexy as it is possible to get.

i like contrary. Like:

a man in a suit driving a tractor ploughing a field

a tattooed and pierced wild man, shopping for groceries in the supermarket, with his 3yo

a goth sitting on the bonnet of his car at daybreak on a Sunday morning, watching the sun come up, munching a pie and skulling a strawberry milkshake

a SL guy in full historical gear (like a pirate or that), riding a motor scooter on the mainland road

guys like this I find pretty interesting

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3208 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.