Racism And Prejudice In Second life

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2796 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

People dont realize we come into second life to escape from real life and all the negative things that come with it. To alot of people its to escape from hate like racism and harrastment I think and to have fun where everything is welcome just a second ago right now as I type this... I was just harrast for no reason. If anything in my profile offended anyone it shouldnt have it was just a roleplay its all just fantasy.

This happened, by a noob by the way one that just got on second life today

[07:56:35 PM] vampirin01: hi **bleep**
[07:56:53 PM] vampirin01: i am hitler
[07:57:01 PM] BigRobCaneMakai: word ok
[07:57:21 PM] vampirin01: suck my dick
[07:57:34 PM] vampirin01: speak spanish
[07:58:09 PM] vampirin01: **bleep**
[07:58:09 PM] vampirin01 is typing...

After this I came and found this forum so I can ask that Linden Labs do a little better than this letting all these weak racist and bigots escape in your game running you second lifers off.

Why did I deserve any of that? I was only on a gaming region being black playing a game. Some people use SL for a cover up and a secuirty blanket to be racist or whatever they dont feel safe saying in RL they bring it to SL and hide behind that but I wont tolerate it, I didnt answer back I just reported his weak ass and that's that. Grow up it's 2016 aint nobody got time for that racist bull**bleep**...I'm putting his or her ass on blast as we speak.....thank you.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BigRobCaneMakai wrote:

After this I came and found this forum so I can ask that Linden Labs do a little better than this letting all these weak racist and bigots escape in your game running you second lifers off.

I totally agree!  They should start  with the people roleplaying racist stereotypes.  

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not a D-Bag and if you dont know me I wouldn't result in name calling Rob's profile is a roleplay for him and his family, he is not a banger or whatever in RL Second life is just a game people take way to serious I myself know that the profile is set up to represent a gangster which by the way can be any ethnicity, it's just all games I believe Rob was called out of his name, the n-word by a complete stranger, in a derogatory fashion. I dont think Rob should be catorglorized as a bad person over a profile it's just a game.

BigRobCaneMakai wrote:

I'm not a D-Bag and if you dont know me I wouldn't result in name calling Rob's profile is a roleplay for him and his family, he is not a banger or whatever in RL Second life is just a game people take way to serious I myself know that the profile is set up to represent a gangster which by the way can be any ethnicity, it's just all games I believe Rob was called out of his name, the n-word by a complete stranger, in a derogatory fashion. I dont think Rob should be catorglorized as a bad person over a profile it's just a game.

Well, when your profile is loaded with profanity and racist slurs, can you really expect people not to use them? Your profile screams thug. Anyone that puts " just come correct **bleep** thats all I'm saying or I'll **bleep** yo **bleep** and beat yo ass" in their profile deserves anything they get.

If I step to you, what are you really going to be able to do about it? You cant force anyone on a poseball or sex object, nor can you lay the beat down on a whim. You cant do a damn thing, but run to the end of your chain and yelp like a puppy.

I am so sick and tired of these wanna be bad asses spouting off about what they will do if you mess with so and so in their profiles as if it had a single drop of bearing in SL. Go play thug in GTA V. Leave SL for the adults. SL is not a game per se. It is a virtual world. If you want to RP as a thug, do so in the appropriate sims. Don't walk into a mall acting the fool or you will get banned.

If you read there are names for the people I am playing with THIS IS A ALT A MADE UP ACCOUNT A GAME WHAT SECOND LIFE IS BUT WHO ARE TRYING TO SCARE IN A CORNER NOT i AND IM NOT GOING TO GO BACK AND FORTH WITH YOU ITS OVER AND DONE WITH I AM NOT A THUG MY PROFILE IS SO OFFENSIVE WHY DID YOU READ IT IS A JOKE BETWEEN OUR FAMILY I IT'S NOT FOR WEAK MINDED PEOPLE TO TAKE SO SERIOUS...and I do play Grand Theft Auto by the way and how do you know what sims I play on I am not acting like anything I am just playing but when you are not bothering anyone than you should be left alone AS well thats all I was saying...besides I am a Queen not a **bleep**ing puppy I can take that as a racial slur as well not knowing why you keep referring to me as a dog in some way but...it's done with...and I am not changing my profile

CALM THE **bleep** DOWN SL WILL ALWAYS BE A VIRTUAL WORLD FOR PEOPLE TO PLAY IN IT'S JUST A GAME WE ARE ALL WELCOME

BigRobCaneMakai wrote:

If you read there are names for the people I am playing with THIS IS A ALT A MADE UP ACCOUNT A GAME WHAT SECOND LIFE IS BUT WHO ARE TRYING TO SCARE IN A CORNER NOT i AND IM NOT GOING TO GO BACK AND FORTH WITH YOU ITS OVER AND DONE WITH I AM NOT A THUG
MY PROFILE IS SO OFFENSIVE WHY DID YOU READ IT IS A JOKE BETWEEN OUR FAMILY I IT'S NOT FOR WEAK MINDED PEOPLE TO TAKE SO SERIOUS
...and I do play Grand Theft Auto by the way and how do you know what sims I play on I am not acting like anything I am just playing but when you are not bothering anyone than you should be left alone AS well thats all I was saying...besides I am a Queen not a **bleep**ing puppy I can take that as a racial slur as well not knowing why you keep referring to me as a dog in some way but...it's done with...and I am not changing my profile

CALM THE **bleep** DOWN SL WILL ALWAYS BE A VIRTUAL WORLD FOR PEOPLE TO PLAY IN IT'S JUST A GAME WE ARE ALL WELCOME

Your profile is a public banner. It makes statements about you for all to see. It is not private between you and your family. If you go to places carrying that banner, which is offensive, you will most likely get some interactions based on it, and you have no grounds for complaint. You ask for it. If you don't want those interactions, change your public banner.

BigRobCaneMakai wrote:

<poorly written rant mostly in all-caps>

Did you ever consider that the Nazi a-hole who started on you with offensive crap was RPing too? Why is it OK for you to RP an offensive racial stereotype but wrong for him to RP an offensive racist?

BigRobCaneMakai wrote:

If you read there are names for the people I am playing with THIS IS A ALT A MADE UP ACCOUNT A GAME WHAT SECOND LIFE IS
SECOND LIFE IS NOT A GAME!!!
BUT WHO ARE TRYING TO SCARE IN A CORNER NOT i AND IM NOT GOING TO GO BACK AND FORTH WITH YOU ITS OVER AND DONE WITH I AM NOT A THUG
You just play one on TV?
MY PROFILE IS SO OFFENSIVE WHY DID YOU READ IT
?
Because you brought it up in your OP. Unlike some, I actually like to have a basis for an opinion.
IS A JOKE BETWEEN OUR FAMILY
I IT'S NOT FOR WEAK MINDED PEOPLE TO TAKE SO SERIOUS...and I do play Grand Theft Auto by the way and how do you know what sims I play on I am not acting like anything
You are acting like a ghetto fabulous thug right now. Screaming and yelling instead of conversing like an adult.
I am just playing but when you are not bothering anyone than you should be left alone AS well thats all I was saying...besides I am a Queen not a **bleep**ing puppy
So, you are a Woman playing a male thug? Boy am I confused.
I can take that as a racial slur
How so? I have never heard "puppy" as any sort of racial slur.
as well not knowing why you keep referring to me as a dog in some way
Let me clarify, acting the thug and bad ass in SL is silly when all you can really do is run to the end of your chain like a little puppy guarding his masters home and yelp at strangers walking by. YOu can NOT actually hurt anyone is SL without their approval, unless it is damaged enabled land. Even then all you can do is send them back to their home. 
but...it's done with...and I am not changing my profile
You actually have to change it. According to the ToS you agreed to when joining, you agreed to keep your profile G rated.

CALM THE **bleep** DOWN SL WILL ALWAYS BE A VIRTUAL WORLD FOR PEOPLE TO PLAY IN IT'S JUST A GAME
No it's a virtual world, you just said it was. Why are you changing your mind so much about what SL is?
WE ARE ALL WELCOME
Never said you weren't, just don't act like an ass.

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

BigRobCaneMakai wrote:

(if) MY PROFILE IS SO OFFENSIVE WHY DID YOU (Drake) READ IT

I can only guess at an explanation, but let's try this... Drake's ability to be offended by things he hasn't read is simply not as well developed as yours?

Exactly. How can anyone possibly know if something is offensive unless they read it for themselves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2796 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.