Question on where to post

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2795 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Spamming, Solicitation and Advertising: Spamming is not allowed. This includes aggressive self-promotion. No advertising or promotion of specific Second Life merchants, Marketplace listings, products, or services, unless the forum area is specifically for the buying or selling of Second Life products or services, for example, a “for sale” or “wanted” forum.

Seems pretty clear to me.

Pamela Galli wrote:

The only advertising allowed is for land, in the land forums.

/me coughs... yes it should be... but have a look at favorite destinations... owners totally shamelessly put their own venues there.. adult, general... all kinds  ...

i always thought it was to put suggestions there from residents for residents,... but well...

Same as a certain huge rental company can post full sims in the homestead sections... any other gets removed or moved

OP .. you can only place advertisement inworld.

In addition to the suggestions given, you can also create a banner for the bottom of your posts as Pam and I have done here.  Many merchants/business owners do this, and the more you are active and helpful/amusing in the forums the wider your name will spread.  

Obviously you cannot openly advertise your place of business in the content of your posts.

There may also be in world groups you could join which allow the sending of regular notices.

There are many ways to promote your business in SL.  good luck :)

Yeah, you can be banned for even talking about it, too...

• Abuse of Moderation or Moderators: Please honor our moderation process and the decisions that come out of it; they are being made in order to provide you with a productive environment for conversations about Second Life. We prohibit abuse of our moderation process, including the following:
    • Posts that discuss or re-post material that has been removed or locked by a moderator
    • Posts questioning a moderator’s decision
    • Posts that discuss the status of any Resident account (e.g., on hold, suspended, etc.)
    • Frivolous or malicious use of the abuse report feature

So you might want to edit that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2795 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.