Question about Mesh Bodies?

Nonokii

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2993 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Alright so I bought the Maitreya Mesh Body and I tried trying on clothes that were for the standard avatar, not the clothes that were "Objects", and they dont appear on the mesh body. Is there anyway I can make them comptabilbe besides using appliers, since most of the clothes I have don't use appliers....

No, you cannot wear system clothing on a mesh body as it is applied to your default avatar body which is then hidden by the full body alpha you wear with your new mesh body.  If the system clothes you have do not include appliers, which they probably won't if they are more than a year or two old, and certainly won't if they were created more than three years ago.

If the creators are still active in SL you can ask them if they are willing to make appliers, but system skirts cannot be made into appliers and many old texture layer clothes do not stand up well compared with more recent applier clothing.

Nonokii wrote:

Alright so I bought the Maitreya Mesh Body and I tried trying on clothes that were for the standard avatar, not the clothes that were "Objects", and they dont appear on the mesh body. Is there anyway I can make them comptabilbe besides using appliers, since most of the clothes I have don't use appliers....

No, you need appiers. Mesh bodies, themselves, are objects, which need the tetures "applied" to them. That's where the appliers come in. You could either buy clothing made by others that use appliers, or get a developers kit and make your own, but in either case, you're going to need appliers to use that kind of clothing on a mesh body.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2993 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.