Project Sansar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3054 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Since I´m missing a thread on it here, yes, for some reason not clear to me, I´d expect someone to have put this info on an official SL forum, here it is, a tweet from Linden Lab, news from yesterday:

It's true: #ProjectSansar is the codename/project name of our new virtual experience platform. Final name to be revealed in the future. #VR

https://twitter.com/LindenLab/status/595630008669995010

I like the name. Makes sense. Or not. But I like it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I am really worried about Sansar or SL2 because someone told me you can not tranfer all your stuff from SL to the SL2. To begin with, you loose everything that is not mesh (read: everything that you got on a bargain). When I heard that, I could just cry. After all that trouble I went through to put everything together!

My stuff is a mix of mesh and non-mesh. Some of my most beloved stuff is not mesh. I spend a LOT of money on them and I spend many MANY hours putting it all together: my avatar, my outfits, my home. The fun has gone out of it now!

It all seems so useless now. Soon SL2 will open and people will start going over. That means the old SL world will become even more empty than it already is. I will of course hang on to it, having invested so much in my SL, time and money wise. Eventually, someone will pull the plug on old SL and I have to go over anyway. And start all over again? I don't think so!

My point is: after all that trouble, my SL seems so pointless now. What is the point of a SL when there is no future? When you know you will loose most of what you have and you have to start all over again. If you can afford it! And if you can find the energy for it. 

Devastated, Mlle. T. Laurence :(

• 3 months later...

One thing I'm having mixed feelings about is the part where you "create your own experience". Is this basically the same as when you make a sim on SL or is it similar in style? Another thing that bothers me is this, on one news site, it stated that you won't have to pay money to create your own experience, but in another article, it says that it won't cost as much as it would in SL. Which is it? Is making your own sim/experience free in project Sansar or not?

323starlight wrote:

One thing I'm having mixed feelings about is the part where you "create your own experience". Is this basically the same as when you make a sim on SL or is it similar in style? Another thing that bothers me is this, on one news site, it stated that you won't have to pay money to create your own experience, but in another article, it says that it won't cost as much as it would in SL. Which is it? Is making your own sim/experience free in project Sansar or not?

I think the best explanation of the difference between Second Life and Sansar is that Sansar is not a virtual world at all. It's a platform - a combination of software and a set of ready made services for anybody to create their own virtual world.

Linden Lab sure isn't going to give you anything for free there but it's quite possible that some of their customers will,

The concept seems to be more similar to create-your-own-game tools like Unity and Unreal Engine than to SL, except LL will not only offer the software but also services like hosting, in-world valuta and a user database.

I see. I do wish that Linden Labs would make a sandbox program that allows players to create their own world. Only instead of paying monthly, players have to pay to get land expansions, and pay extra to bring any user created content from Project Sansar (or second life) into their little sandbox. Thats actually how I was hoping Project Sansar would be like.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3054 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.