Profile wrongly flagged as adult?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4113 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

First, its nice to see a glitch ID'd and fixed so quickly, and to know that someone from LL is paying attention.  Thank you.

But ... While this fixed the OP's particular problem, there are a lot of people beginning to notice and wonder what is going on with profile ratings.  No documentation, no apparent rhyme or reason.  Dick Van-**bleep** fans left out in the cold.  Why is one AV with flagrantly A content rated G, and another with less explicit content rated A

I don't mind rules at all, as long as they are spelled out.  *Please* spell them out!

Hi Rhys - 

The maturity ratings and rules haven't changed at all in new Search, but I believe people are noticing them more because we are showing the icons more prominently (as many Residents requested).  Profiles and all other search results are rated based on a combination of text content, stated maturity, and region maturity.  

If you have a question about a specific word or parcel that seems to be rated incorrectly, the best thing to do is to file a Jira in the Web project and set the component to Search.  Tell us the word, or the listing you believe is being rated incorrectly and we'll look into it.  That's the most reliable way to get something to us.  

I don't see anything wrong with Dick Van-Dyke, so more details there would be useful.  :)

Thanks,

- Nya

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi. After reading all the posts and links ,I still don't know why I'm flagged as A. I was told  about it 2 days before and I thought it was because of age,but I see by reading the forum , it is not. I have no A pics or groups and no xx. You said here that some words can be rated as Adult. I had this in my RL tab: " i like to fly alone to live shows...blahblah...and i don't want a partner to chain my ankle", so I deleted the part of "chain my ankle" cause the word CHAIN could be the issue. I am still A. I don't go to Adult places unless a singer is performing at an Adult venue,and it is not a reason as some friends also go to these venues and still are G. I live at a moderate sim. Well, my profile is boring and has nothing to do with A. Now I will just log in for paying rent till this go off my profile,otherwise I'm done.  Could you see something that I am not seeing? Thanks

MariaLag wrote:

Hi. After reading all the posts and links ,I still don't know why I'm flagged as A.

Could you see something that I am not seeing? Thanks

I don't see any legitimate reason - to me it looks like you should be rated as G.

So I'm going to guess at a few things that could be, but shouldn't be... As in, if they messed up, these might be the things they judged wrong about you.

"pedidos" - the filter, which is likely English, may be just flagging on 'pedi'.

"Brazilian" - People in SL have some crazy opinions on your countrymen having to do with claims of innapropriate conduct. It would be wrong for LL to flag any self-labeling "Brazilian" as A-rated... but I've seen plenty of SL users who seem to think that should be the case. I do not believe this is it, because if it was, that would be very upsetting to learn.

"Gentileza" - when I first read that I read it as 'genitaleza'. If the flag was human placed and not with software... maybe they just need to pay attention to what they're reading...

Your group: "Eliz Watanabe's Friends" - is G rated, but has a photo that may be M rated, and someone not looking enough might see as A. Still the group itself is G, so this shouldn't have been the reason. Hide this one from your profile and see if it helps.

Check all your groups and picks to see if any of them are rated as A. If they are, hide them from view in your profile. They all looked good to me, but its always a possibility.

My own opinion is, nice profile. You've got a lot of things in there that have got me curious now. Lots of music places I'd love to learn more about. I see no reason why you'd get labeled as A. I'm thinking its a mistake...

Maybe fixable with a support ticket... or you might have to wipe out your profile and put it back one by one until one of them causes it to change and you know what did it, if not why...

First,thanks so much for your help :smileyhappy:. I don't know what "pedi" means,but pedido = asking and gentileza = kindness,but it can be a reason. You know, I thought about the word brazilian for the same reasons you said in a so kind way. I understand what you mean.But then I thought it  would be so prejudice !.But,it will be the first word I'll try and if it is the reason I'm goona report LL haha,serious,it's not cool if it is the reason. But I'll follow all your steps, if it doesn't work I'll contact support,

The only thing is about the groups,cause there are G rated people in the same groups. Maybe, all these things you post, together, make an A profile, though this filter works like that SL translator that is a mess. I'll see it all and will post the results here.Maybe it takes a time.

And yes, all the places and specially the artists in my groups are just amazing!! 

Thanks thanks :) Merry Xmas, oops this X can be filtered as unapropriated lol.

Just to say, I tried all the steps. Nothing worked. At last, I deleted that link for a Christmas video I had made,cause youtube link could be the issue, though my youtube is just about music. It is still A. So, I'm gonna send a ticket. I'm a little embarrased to go to the places carrying this A profile on my back.Anyway, thanks, Sl forum has been very helpful in many issues.

It just seems to me like you're getting wrongly flagged. I can't see anything wrong.

My guesses were all "if they made a bad decision, maybe it was this."

It does take time for profiles to change. It's not automatic / instant. So you might have changed "the right thing" only to still have to wait a week or more for it to show up...

You could try just hiding ALL of your groups and picks for a week or two, and seeing if anything happens.

Also, if in the past you ever had some adult stuff in there - maybe they just never changed you... I don't know...

If all else fails, put in a support ticket over it.

• 4 weeks later...

Well,nothing changed. I received several repetitive answers from support about market place products rate lists,though i was always answering I am not a merchant and telling details of my case over and over again.Finally, after upgrading to Premium I've received a detailed answer with reasonable steps to change my profile rating cause it could be some bug or whatelse. It didn't work. I've left my profile empty, rejoined groups (all G) ,clear cache,etc. Nothing happened :( 

Solved.

If it happens someone: I was so worried about Portuguese language that I wasn't looking at the english words.Finally, I've noted that "pic' (from picture) is part of a bad word in portuguese referring to a man's anatomy detail. I changed "pic" for photo and profile turned into G.

LL support sent quick answers.

Thanks.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4113 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.