Problem with new viewers?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4015 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So after updating to the latest viewers on multiple browsers, I keep running into this same issue, none of my mesh or my avatar worn wants to  render correctly. Instead of smooth images i see this:

Mesh Problem?

I had basic shaders on when i first logged in, but it caused my entire screen to go black  like Seen in this image my avatar is outlined in the red circle.  Unfortunately ever since updating i can't get rid of this issue.   I don't even know what to call this issue other than 'holy crap what happened'  even my pie menu is jacked up looking.  

Okay so i noticed with basic shaders off my entire viewer's graphics go wonkie and nothing appears smooth, not even text, but with it on my entire screen is black like the image linked above.  How can i see the sl world normally again? Can anyone help me fix this? 

Fluxa Core wrote:

I had basic shaders on when i first logged in, but it caused my entire screen to go black  like 
 my avatar is outlined in the red circle.

Hiya Fluxa,

The black screen issue on certain cards (you have an ATI card?) when basic shaders is enabled is a known issue on the latest Firestorm 4.4.0 release.

This issue is being investigated but for now, we have 2 other workarounds apart from disabling basic shaders:

1. Preferences -> Graphics -> Rendering -> Untick "Render Glow" or
  2. Preferences -> Graphics -> General -> Tick "Advanced Lighting model" then go to World -> Photo & Video -> Phototools. On Phototools floater -> Gen tab -> Set Vig amount -> set this to zero

Workaround 1 will stop you from seeing glow on any object

Workaround 2 is best if you normally run with Advanced lighting model enabled (deferred rendering) but not all cards are happy to have this setting enabled.

You can follow progress on this bug here: FIRE-9837

Are you getting the black screen with any other viewers apart from Firestorm?

Fluxa Core wrote:

So after updating to the latest viewers on multiple browsers, I keep running into this same issue, none of my mesh or my avatar worn wants to  render correctly. Instead of smooth images i see this:

Mesh Problem?

Because you have basic shaders disabled, mesh will not display as well.

Disabling basic shaders also disables hardware skinning, and this give you "mesh bleed". See VWR-28717 for details on this.

Please can you go to Help -> About Firestorm/Viewer name and paste in all your system information.

Thanks!

"The black screen issue on certain cards (you have an ATI card?)"

- Yes, I currently have an ATI card, it's an older one too, so I wasn't sure if it was going to be impossible to use this computer or not with the update.   I am getting a new computer soon, but it'll be about 2weeks before I can get it and everything so I wanted to try to fix this so i'd have some ability to access before then. 

"This issue is being investigated but for now, we have 2 other workarounds apart from disabling basic shaders:

1. Preferences -> Graphics -> Rendering -> Untick "Render Glow"  "

- This actually fixed my problem!  While it did remove glow (not that i care much about glow anyway)  it did make it usseable for me again. My sl is no longer black and my mesh/avatar are back to looking smooth again. So thank you very much for your help and for answering my question. 

"Are you getting the black screen with any other viewers apart from Firestorm? "

- Yes, but firestorm is my prefered viewer. I have the provided secondlife viewer, firestorm, and a couple others. In the past I had problems with firestorm crashing when I would click mesh with a high-poly count. This became particularly painful when trying to work with mesh products so I had the normal SL viewer installed for when i was creating.   

Again, I thank you very much for your help, I wasn't sure if i'd get any here or not. I am glad I did.  :) 

Ivo, 

firstly, Phoenix is no longer supported by Firestorm team

secondly, you will no longer be able to use it soon, after LL release the new Serverside Baking. Layers will be managed by a new server that Phoenix cant work with. So you'll be still able to log with it, but you'll see every avatar grey. 

There are sill other viewers that will be able to work with the new serverside baking, like singularity (light viewer), Nirans, and some other ones on top of, of course, the official SL viewer and Firestorm.

Not sure if this pertains to this topic or not bur the other day I downloaded the new Firestorm viewer. No my inventory is pretty much empty folder AGAIN. I also notice SL is a little more laggy. It probably has nothing to do with the new viewer. Thaught I would put it out there anyway see if others expieriencing Inventory issues and freezing up.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4015 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.