Picture slideshow with displaying the name of the picture/texture

Morwen Bunin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3069 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone,

I have in my house a picture slideshow with all the clothes I own in SL and as I am here since November 2005 that are a lot of pictures (just a few more days and I am 10 years here :P).

Anyway, I named the pictures in the slideshow after the clothes-set that is on the picture. When the slideshow is running I would like the see the name of the picture (and thus the name of set clothes).

Many of the slideshows I have seen have an option to display the name of the picture as "floating text". The disadvantage is of this is that you can see the floating text through walls and alike and not only in the room where the slideshow is placed.

Does anyone know a way to stop that the floating text is visible through walls???

Or...

Does anyone knows a slideshow that has an option to display the name the picture in the frame of the slideshow or as part of the picture? Or even the name as tiptool would already be great.

For the slideshow one other feature is important, it must be able to resize to a scale of 1:1 (so sqaure). Any other features as slide-effects are very welcome, but not the most important.

Thanks,
Morwen.

Hover text always appears at the top of the prim.  Top meaning the face that is upward (face #0) when the prim's rotation is <0,0,0>.  You could get a open source script that displays the name and have the picture display on face 0 then rotate the prim so that the top becomes the side.  The picture would display with the hovertext telling the name of the outfit in front of the picture.

There isn't any way to keep the hovertext from going through walls. 

You could use something like XyzzyText to show the names on some added prims.  Perhaps you only want the names for your own use in picking an outfit.  If that's the case you could send a message to your own chat when you see something you want the name of.  Maybe use touch to trigger passing you the name.  llRegionSayTo can send it directly to you.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/XyzzyText

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3069 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.