Paying our Premium Membership from our L$ ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4760 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

(Newbie here. . . And I could not find a proper category, so could you move this for me, please? :)

This is my second year, and I am wondering when a proper bill for my membership wil be sent to me?

(I got some sort of warning, over two weeks ago. And today, it is 1 day over that due-date.)

And now, I have the money-in-hand, $72 USD worth of Lindens L$, that I just bought from my PayPal account.

So, can I please have my bill?

Thank you!

They do not take the money from Lindens. You will have to have USD balance and they will deduct it from that

If you do not have a USD balance you will have to SELL your lindens and keep the cash on your account.

You would have been better off leaving the money in Pay-Pal and have them use that as your payment method.

You can authorzie it

By buying lindens and then have to sell the lindens. you lost a bit of money

you never get a paper bill.... ever. just a subscription renewal notice.

make sure you have a $US balance showing in your account page, or a valid payment method on file. if you have part of the $US total, but not the full amount of the subscription fee, the remainder will be charged to your payment method on file.

if a charge to the payment method on file fails your account will be frozen until a new valid payment method is added and successfully charged.

Thank you for that rather sad news. . .  

That means that Lindens are not worth anything? :(

I have over 22,000 Lindens and I cannot pay my membership or Linden Home rent? (WIthheld CURSE WORDs)

So, they will kick me out, if my PayPal account is not refilled for that 72.00 USD.

(Linden was late in their billing and I over-heard that PayPal could muck-up, so that is why I got those Lindens.)

Like Hello, to you Linden Royals, please give me a break!

Simply adjust your accounting dogma or simply lose me, as a paying member :(

(I will go and change my PayPal payment-limit to Linden, to ZERO, to reduce the impact of this mess.) :( :( :(

I'm sorry that this happened to you, Tigerr, but Linden Lab is cleaar when saying that Linde Dollars are virtual tokens, with no real value:

ToS wrote:

5. "LINDEN DOLLARS" ARE VIRTUAL TOKENS THAT WE LICENSE

5.1 (...)

The Service includes a component of virtual tokens ("Linden dollars" or "L$"), each of which constitutes a limited license permission to use features of our Service as set forth below. Linden Lab may or may not charge fees to acquire or use Linden dollars, and these fees may change at any time.

(...)

You acknowledge that Linden dollars are not real currency or any type of financial instrument and are not redeemable for any sum of money from Linden Lab at any time.(...)

But, as already said, you can sell your L$ in the Lindex to make cash to pay your fee. Even if you lose a bit, it's an alternative to your problem.

Yes, you are correct of course. . .

I could not zero-out my amount to Linden, but I could do this much. :(

Billing Details

You've authorized use of your PayPal account for future payments to Linden Research, Inc..

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cancelled on Mar 18, 2011

Thanks, Vania!!!

(Boring details of the transaction, below, for others to study?) ;

LindeX™: Sell L$ Confirmation

Click on the Place Sell Order button to place your order. Your Second Life account will be credited the net proceeds from matching buy orders as those matches are made. A confirmation of this order will be sent to tiger@xxxxxxx.xxx
Order Summary
Description:     Sell Linden Dollar Order for L$22,000
Estimated Proceeds:     US$81.56

(next page)
LindeX™: Sell L$ Confirmation
Your Linden Dollar Order

You have sold L$22,000 for a total of US$81.66 using LindeX™. Your Second Life account will be credited the net proceeds.

Please click on the Transaction History link to the left if you'd like to review your order.

(And it only took about a minute to process. . . I have often wished that PayPal was so efficient. ;)

*** But it will feel a little strange, being kicked-out for your User ID and password again. (Purely my fault.) ***

AND when I sold my remaining USD for Lindens, they even had an Estimate field to help with calculations.

Very NICE work, LindeX! (Please enjoy that little tip that I left of remaining USDs.) :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4760 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.